abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

I Have Left Germany and Returned Hardware but Contract is Still Active
RichGoneByeBye
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello all!

I was living and working in Berlin for a time but due to unforseen circumstances I had to return back to the UK. I hired a German speaker to write me a letter  asking for the contract to be cancelled which she did and I received an email back from Vodafone with the address to which I should send the hardware.

On my final day I sent the hardware back and thought all was fixed. I see online however that my contract is still active and is not due to terminate for another year.

I need to fix this urgently as I'm no longer in Germany, my German bank account is about to be closed and the flat is already let to a new person --  I don't want them browsing the Internet in my name!

Any guidance/assistance would be much appreciated.

Of course my situation is made more difficult by the fact that I am not a German speaker.

Thanks for any help,

Richard

10 Antworten 10
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

@RichGoneByeBye@  schrieb:

Of course my situation is made more difficult by the fact that I am not a German speaker.

Let's put it this way:  There are more than enough threads on this board already covering pretty much the same subject.  And in English. 😉

Hence in a nutshell:  Have you provided Vodafone with proof of your permanent relocation to the UK (Abmeldebescheinigung).  If not, then you should do so at your earliest convenience.

Please also bear in mind that you have to pay the monthly fee for another three months after the date of the premature cancellation, so it would be wise to maintain some sort of bank account to make those payments from.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Thanks for the help.

Do they have an email address I can send the proof to? So far all I can see are addresses to send it by post.

There are different possibilities:

1. Being all oldschool and using postal services (possibly too slow, as time seems of the essence here).
  2. Being all modern and using the online contact form (possibly a lot faster, but all in German).
  3. Being all patient and waiting for a moderator to stop by here and assist you with the issue.

However, please make it either 1., 2. or 3. and not 1., 2. and 3., @RichGoneByeBye. 😉

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi RichGoneByeBye,

I'll take a look at that. Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @Stephan

Thank you very much for your offer of help. I have sent you the private message as requested.

Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello RichGoneByeBye,

thank you for your data.

Your contract was terminated at maturity. We still need your new address and a registration certificate. Unfortunately, this is not yet available.

Best regards

Nancy

Hi @Nancy

But it should not be terminated at maturity -- that means it will run for another full year.

I have left Germany and returned the hardware. I want the contract to be terminated now which is what I requested when I sent the letter 3 months ago.

I don't know why this is so difficult. What can I do to fix this?

Kind regards,

Richard

Stephan

Hi RichGoneByeBye,

as I can see, you already sent me the de-registration. Sorry but this document flew under my radar. Verlegener Smiley

Starting from the moving date on your de-registration, the contract will be terminated on 25.10.2018. I will adjust the cancellation confirmation accordingly.

Regards

Stephan

Thank you very much @Stephan

One final question: as I have closed my German bank account I need to make the remaining payments manually from my UK account.

I figure the account I need to send the money to is:

IBAN DE13 3807 0059 0045 3357 00, BIC DEUT DE DK 380

Is it enough for me to simply put the invoice id as the payment reference?

Thanks again!