abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

How to activate free months when switching to Vodafone from different provider?
einberliner
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I wanted to switch from my current provider (1&1) to Vodafone. I wasn't aware that in such cases new provider can take care of cancelling the old contract for you and I started by cancelling the old one myself (it ends in the middle of July, I had to cancel it minimum 3 months before) and probably complicating the whole process. Then I found suiting Vodafone's Internet offer, where they don't charge for first 3 overlapping months. I applied through Check24, but when first letters from Vodafone arrived I can see that they want to bill me from the very first day of the contract. How do I get those free months? I think it has something to do with the fact that I didn't choose to take my current phone numbers with me, which I can of course do if that's needed, I just need to know how.

If I can't get those months than there's no sense for me to start my contract now, I'll simply withdraw my application and apply again in July to minimize overlap between the contracts. Of course I'd like to avoid that.

I wanted to contact Vodafone by phone, but unfortunately my German is not on the level to hold a conversation, and nobody I reached via a phone was capable of speaking English with me. I can gladly solve this over a phone if there's some way to reach English speaking representative from Vodafone.

If somebody could help me I'd appreaciate it greatly.

Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi einberliner,

thanks for your response. Glad to hear that you have fun with your connection. Smiley (fröhlich)

I've done everything so far to get you the free months. This will then be credited to your invoices.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

15 Antworten 15
Kadse
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Hello

You can also send a copy of your termination from 1und1 to vodafone so that vodafone sees it as a "provider change".
Because for the change, there are these premiums.

regards

Hi, thank you for your answer. Yes, I do have cancellation confirmation on my email from 1und1 and of course I can send it to Vodafone. How exactly do I do that?

Seb4sti4n
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello einberliner,

we are here in the Cable board. Do we talk about a landline contract via Cable or via DSL. Or we are talking about a mobile contract?

Best Regards

Sebastian

Hi,

It's about Internet via cable (Kabel).

Grit

Hello einberliner,

we'll figure it out. You don't want to take the phone number with you? If so, then we try another way: Did you get a cancellation confirmation from your old provider?

Regards

Grit

Hi Grit,

Yes, I do have confirmation of cancellation from my previous provider. I can bring my number with me if that's needed and possible, that doesn't make a difference for me. I just have no need to, so I took the option I though is easier for everybody when signing up for Vodafone.

I wanted to also notice that I got letter from Vodafone: "Ihr Formular für den Anbieter-Wechsel". It arrived just two days ago. I imagine this might be about exactly what I'm trying to solve here and your help won't be needed after I fill it and send it back.

Best

Stephan

Hi einberliner,

we can do this without the form for "Anbieter-Wechsel". Since the notice period is three months and the old contract expires in mid-July, this form would probably only postpone your notice date by one year.

Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number

cancellation confirmation as attachment

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Hi, I wrote you a DM with answers to your questions, now I'm replying to this thread as you asked.

Stephan

Hi einberliner,

thanks for that.

Did you already activated your cable router. If not, please do so, so that the contract switches to active. We can book the free months then.

Regards

Stephan