abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Free messengers on Red S do not work Internationally
ioganegambaputi
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I bought Red S tariff with free traffic on Whatsapp, Telegram, etc. I can not call anyone to Russia, all calls dropped during the connection establishing. It works just fine with another operator or with my home WiFi. How can I troubleshoot that? I hope the option that the messages are free not is because I can not use it at all 🙂

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

This has nothing to do with Vodafone then - because Vodafone is not involved in the voice calls by Whatsapp.

First thing should be to reach out for the WhatsApp support and ask them if they can have a look at their logs what happens (or does not happen) if you try making voice calls.

But as this is "only" internet traffic for Vodafone, I doubt that Vodafone can help you at all.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The "free" traffic is only included inside Germany - not outside of Germany!

So if you are not in Germany, then you will be charged roaming fees according to your tariff for all the traffic that the applications use.

This anyhow does NOT mean that there is anything inside the apps that is free / blocked or anything else. Vodafone has nothing to do with Whatsapp / Telegram and so on and in so far can not influcence any calls being made using these apps.

I am in Germany. I am trying to reach out to users on Whatsapp outside of Germany with the audio call. My calls fail with anyone outside of Germany. I can send only messages. As soon as I switch to my home WiFi it works. I mentioned the Free messenger's option just as an assumption why it could be happening.

This has nothing to do with Vodafone then - because Vodafone is not involved in the voice calls by Whatsapp.

First thing should be to reach out for the WhatsApp support and ask them if they can have a look at their logs what happens (or does not happen) if you try making voice calls.

But as this is "only" internet traffic for Vodafone, I doubt that Vodafone can help you at all.

Thanks for your answer. But I doubt it's a Whatsapp issue. Telegram impacted as well. My friend has Free Music options and for him, everything is working just fine. As soon as I swap SIM card to my old provider or connect to the WiFi all messengers start to work just fine as well.

May it be that you do not have any data left on your card?

In that case, the reduced speed may still be good enough to send text messages but might be too low to do voice calls.