abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] Unexpected payment of Internet and phone fees
Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear team,

my name is Tri Tru Hang. 

Back in September 2019 I had a contract with another Internet provider (name T) and one day, the Vodafone employees came to my flat and said the whole building is contracted mostly with Vodafone. They advised me to change to use Vodafone for house internet. Because the contract with the provider T was still ongoing for another 9 months and only after this time period could I get my deposit back, I refused to change to Vodafone. 

However, these guys said Vodafone will not charge for the service during those months I am stuck with provider T and will only start to charge after my contract with T is finished. They also gave me a phone card (number ending with 6529) and said that is free as well. 

I called the support center the next day to ask if Vodafone is really having this kind of service (or support offer) and the person also told me it is correct. So I trusted the whole thing and did not pay attention to this for sometime. I activated the phone card, but not used it until end of February, when I was back in Gemany from my hometown (I stayed outside Germany from 30.11.2019 to 28.02.2020 and did not use the phone service).

Only until recently that I found my account get debited every month for an amount of around 34.99 euro. 

For the first month when the contract with Vodafone started I was charged some 84 euro but do not understand what the purpose of this charge is and why it is so high. 

The invoices I received (with Kundennummer starting 9339*****) had some gutschrift in the beginning, but this "gutschrift" is not sufficient to cover the whole period of my remaining contract with provider T.  In February I started to be charged for some amounts already (19.66), even though I have not finished my contract with T yet (February is the 5th month only). 

In the Paket Internet/Phone section on the invoices, the amount due is 0.00 and I have not received any other invoices beside the 9339***** ones. However, last month I received the reminder from Vodafone saying that I have not paid 34.99 and 42.29 euro for February and March respectively. So I am to be charged twice for February (one with Kundennummer 9339***** and another with Kundennummer 11308****) and I do not understand why, as what I was told is the whole thing is free of charge until my contract with provider T finishes.

It seems there are invoices (or payment required) for cable and another for the phone card that I have been using. If so, then why the Paket Internet & phone section on the invoices I received are 0.00 in amounts. 

Then for what am I charged for? I have no idea what I signed that led to such a situation where I get charged for so much more than I can ever be aware of. 

Could you help check please what the problem is or if it is something I misunderstood? 

I summarize the questions as follows:

1) From what I was told, do I actually get a free service until my contract with your competitor finishes? Or was it a lie? 

2) Why the amount on invoices is 0 but I am charged for 34.99 or even more each month? Why there is a reminder with the correct phone number I used but with a different Kundennummer? Is it a different service from the house internet thing? When did I start this thing? 

3) Is there any mistake in your charges towards me? What is the 84.31 euro charged on 21. October in my account (screenshot in attachment)? There is an invoice number of 1165*** but I have never received this invoice. As I said, I have been receiving only invoices with Kundennummer 9339***** and Rechnungsnummer starting with 1006********. 

4) Due to this problem, I am now unable to handle the fees from both Vodafone and provider T. The internet fees are so high every month for me. So I need to stop Vodafone service. Is it possible for me to cancel the whole thing (cable, house internet and phone service) now? 

5) Could you help check please if any of the amounts could be refunded to me, in case there have been some mistakes in charging me? It was a big amount for me and I have to pay both providers. Definitely I was not stupid to register for both at the same time. I thought Vodafone service would actually be free for me as I was told.

I am sorry for the very long message.

I tried to call 10 times today to Vodafone service center and sales team (with different numbers), but the problem is so complex to explain in English and understood by the Vodafone employees.

I hope you could help me. I need help urgently because I have ran out of money for payment in the next months, especially when corona thing prevents me from continuing my job to pay bills. I am a student now in Germany.

Thank you very much.

12 Antworten 12
Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear  Vodafone Team,

could any of you please support to answer me on this soon? 

Thank you and sorry for inconvenience!

The forum is not a live chat. It can take some time before someone answers.

Best regards Kurt

Bitte keine Anfragen über PN stellen!
Lars
Moderator:in

Hi,

I can take a look at the thing with the internet and telephone via cable. The other direct debit seems to be for mobile phones, as it was debited by Vodafone GmbH and not by Vodafone Kabel Deutschland.

For the purpose of the mobile phone bill you can also open a thread in the right board here in the community. Then my colleagues will take care of it.

To take a look at the cable contract, I need your customer number, name, date of birth and address via private message. Write me here in the thread as soon as you have sent the PM.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, 

thank you for your reply. 

I have sent you a message just now. Thank you.

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Truhang

for your internet & phone contract you currently pay no basic fee. You still have a TV contracts (GigaTV Net and Multiroom) with us. We charge this since the beginning of the contract.

Best regards

Tina

Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Tina, 

can I cancel the whole TV service? or if not, any of the subpackage (including the versicherungspaket in internet) from the next charging month?

if yes, how can I do it quick? since the hotline is always busy. Thank you.

Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello again,

I still don't understand why the service I was told is only the internet and tv also included in the cable thing, but then you separate the two and charge separately.

It's my fault that I did not read well in German and also did not check the invoices since beginning, because I lost access to my bank account and went back to my country for some months. However, I cannot continue to pay on these anymore. This was unexpected because I still have to pay like some 40-50 euro per mont now to the provider T that I am with. So my burden is hard. 

Please help cancel this asap. Thank you a lot.

Stephan

Hi Truhang,

unfortunately there isn't much we can do for you. The contracts themselves have their terms and can only be terminated at the end of these terms.

What we can do is cancel additions like HD Premium and the Security Package since these have only a notice period of four weeks but no term.

Regards

Stephan

Truhang
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Stephan, 

thank you for your answer. 

Could you help me cancel all those none-term packages / services please? 

I actually have sent a letter by post to Vodafone Kabel but just to make sure my request gets considered and the letter does not go elsewhere, can you help double check please?

I tried to add contract in my account to manage the contract by myself. Though the activation code seems correct (no error message popped up), somehow the page just refreshed itself without having any progress. 

Thank you.