abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] Slow cable internet
JaviM
Rookie
Rookie

Hi team!

I've been experiencing very slow internet connection over the last few weeks.

I have a 1000/50 cable contract, but I often get just 50 to 80 MB with tests occasionally showing speeds above 200MB.

I've tried multiple configurations:

• Connected to my ASUS router using the device provided by Vodafone in bridge mode (my router has a 2.5G WAN port).
  • Connected with a cable to the router provided by Vodafone, both in router and bridge mode.

It's also worth mentioning that I've tried

• Multiple computers.
  • Multiple network cables (all CAT-6 or superior).
  • 2 different cable sockets.

In all cases, the results were similar.

Additionally, every time I run the Vodafone speed test, the test results between the server and my modem were almost twice the results from the modem to my computer, but never above 700MB.

Any advice on what I can do to improve the situation?

2 Antworten 2
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello JaviM,

directly via LAN on the modem whether in router or bridge mode does not matter, has been tried. Are the restrictions 24/7? Please also answer the following questions.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thanks to the original poster – I just wanted to add my experience in this thread as this is something I've been having trouble with too, for some time – two technicians have visited over the last 24 months (and no, it's not the WLAN – please don't ask me to restart my router again) but my German is not so good so I'm not really sure what's going on ... from what I understand there's a problem with most of the network in Germany? Either way nothing has changed. Constant interruptions, or slow speeds, or outright outages. I once got 50GB mobile data and 20 € off my bill after I managed to navigate the customer service bots, but that's not exactly a long-term solution is it? 

Some answers would be good, because I'm paying for a 'broadband cable internet' serrvice that performs well below what I should expect. Here's my latest speedtest screenshot (not the worst) – it's frighteningly bad and with two people in the household working from home, sometimes it's impossible...