abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] Contract cancellation
katya82
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I went to a Vodafone shop last November to let them know that I would like to finish my Vodafone contract by 31.03.2019. The attendant told me that it would not be a problem because I was informing more than 3 months in advance. However, I received a letter which states that my contract will finish until 01.08.2019. Furthermore, the reason why I want to end my contract by 31.03.2018 is because I will leave Germany by such a date. 

Could you please explain me why did you provide me a different date to the one that I told you? 

Regards,

Katya

11 Antworten 11
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The 3 months begin the earliest with the date you leave Germany - even if you inform Vodafone before. That's the rule that has been given by law for premature cancellations of landline contracts if the new address cannot be served.

So if you move out of Germany on 31.03.2018, you'll have to provide a proof like the deregistration documents (provided by local authorities) and send them to Vodafone. On reception, Vodafone will switch your cancellation from a regular one (that's what you have received by now because you could not provide proof of movement) to a premature one and the contract will end on 30.06.2018 (3 months after 31.03.2018). You'll have to pay for these 3 months, even if you cannot use the contract any more.

Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi katya82,

the answer from @reneromann is correct. We can adjust the date to the 3 months after the move. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then please reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Edit. Please don't post your personal and customer data.

Edit. Please don't post your personal and customer data.

Pls remove your personal data immediatly, and provide it via pm to THOMAS 

Sorry for the misunderstood, seems that my personal info doesn't appear anymore in the thread, and I sent my personal info to Thomas in a private message. So what is next?

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Katya,

it's about DSL. Thomas has asked me to take over.

I've changed the cancellation date to 31.3.2019. You'll get a new confirmation asap.

Best regards,

Norman

I am in the same situation, where do I send in writting the request with the deregistration (ABMELDUNG) ?

Regards,

Thomas

Hi EduardB,

please open your own post.

Regards

Thomas