abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

DOCSIS 3.1 Modem (English)
csongor
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

First of all sorry for writing the question in English, I am still in the process of learning German.

I have a 200mbit cable connection now, which is a bit unstable in the evenings, not unusable, but goes down to around 80mbits and the ping goes up a bit. I've seen that the new tariffs (400mbit / 500mbit) have just become available at my address.

In case I order a 500mbit connection, will the current Compal device be exchanged for a DOCSIS 3.1 capable modem? The only reason I'd order a faster connection is because of the DOCSIS 3.1 modem/router, which would enable me to access the DOCSIS 3.1 channels which in turn would alleviate my problems with the fluctuating bandwidth in the evening as it is less congested than the DOCSIS 3.0 channels.

Can you also tell me if there's any other possible way of requesting a DOCSIS 3.1 capable modem/router instead of the current one besides changing to the 500mbit tariff?

Kind regards,
Csongor

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello csongor,

as your current CH7466CE is capable of up to 500 Mbit/s, you wouldn't get another modem. If you want Docsis 3.1, you may switch to the Fritzbox 6591. It will be available starting from Wednesday for existing customers and costs 6.99€ per month plus a one-time service fee, which is 29.99€.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort 1
Claudia

Hello csongor,

as your current CH7466CE is capable of up to 500 Mbit/s, you wouldn't get another modem. If you want Docsis 3.1, you may switch to the Fritzbox 6591. It will be available starting from Wednesday for existing customers and costs 6.99€ per month plus a one-time service fee, which is 29.99€.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!