abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract termination
murphyp7
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, 

I'm sorry that I write in English but I do not speak fluent German. 

In November 2018, I requested to cancel my internet and mobile phone contracts with Vodafone, because in December that year I moved to Ireland. At the time, I was informed that I would still be required to pay the internet bill for an additional 3 months, and the mobile phone bill for an additional 12 months. I was very disappointed about this, but nobody at Vodafone was helping me so I had to accept it. Now, I see that I am *still* being charged for my internet bill, even though I have not used this since December and the contract should now be cancelled. Please, can you assist me and cancel this contract as soon as possible. I do not have enough money to keep paying an internet bill that I do not use. I now live in Ireland, and so cannot visit your store; also, I have tried calling your helpline in the past but everyone I have spoken to has refused to speak English. Please, help me. 

Thank you.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi Peter,

the cancellation has been processed, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

13 Antworten 13
Thomas

Hi murphyp7,

you've come to the right place. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

murphyp7
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Thomas,

I have just sent you a private message with the requested details. Thank you!

Thomas

Hi murphyp7,

i've been watching this. We received a cancellation in November 2018. But there was no indication for a move. It was a termination at the end of the term. We got the first information that you moved in April 2019. I can adjust the date of termination. The 3 month period will start in April 2019.

Regards

Thomas

murphyp7
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry, I'm quite confused. Back in November, I visited the Vodafone store in Eppendorf, Hamburg to initiate the cancellation process. I knew then that I would leave Hamburg at the end of December, I told the Vodafone employees this, and they said it would be easy to cancel but that I would need to pay for 3 more months. They wrote the attached letter for me (because I unfortunately cannot speak German) and this clearly states my move back to Ireland. They told me they sent it to the necessary people at Vodafone, and this was all I needed to do. Surely if I needed to take extra steps, they or another Vodafone employee should have told me this? So, I ask you as kindly as possible in the hope that you can see how difficult this has been for me: can you please cancel my contract now, not after another 3 months?

Thank you,

Peter

Hi again Thomas,

A quick extra message to say that I also received the below email, which clearly states that Vodafone did already receive my request for termination in November 2018. I cannot see anything in this letter saying that I needed to do anything else to confirm the cancellation.

Regards,

Peter

Thomas

Hi Peter,

i removed the documents because of personal data. The notice for mobile phone was given with the indication of the move. Unfortunately not for the Internet & Phone contract. This is also stated in the confirmation. I can offer you to terminate the contract immediately. So with today. The whole thing is based on a goodwill decision.

Regards

Thomas

murphyp7
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Thomas,

I hugely appreciate your offer to terminate the contract today, thank you very much indeed. I honestly thought this was all sorted out months ago and was very afraid when I kept getting billed because I would have really struggled to get the money to pay it for much longer. So thank you very much again for your understanding - I can confirm that I would like to terminate it today.

I hope it's ok that I ask you one more question: is my understanding correct that I will need to keep paying my mobile phone contract until January 2020, and then it will also be terminated automatically? I want to be sure I have not missed anything there...

Regards,

Peter

Thomas

Hi Peter,

the cancellation has been processed, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.

Regards

Thomas

murphyp7
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Thomas,

A very big thank you again for facilitating the termination of my internet contract, I really appreciate it.

I write again my final question, in case you might be able to help me with it:

Is my understanding correct that I will need to keep paying my mobile phone contract until January 2020, and then it will also be terminated automatically? Or are there other steps that I missed, like with the internet? I want to be sure I have not missed anything and the mobile phone contract does not run over time.

Thank you again,

Peter