abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract cancellation, transfer or name change (moving out of Germany)
befunkjunky
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello!

Due to my limited German knowledge, I am turning to someone in this form to help me resolve some questions.

In December (a bit more than 3 months from now) I will be moving out of Germany. Before that will definitely do my Abmeldung and the other necessary steps. I have an cable internet contract for almost a year now and the contract in total is 2 years long. I already gave a notice of leaving to my landlords. They are living in an apartment next to mine and we are using my Vodafone cable connection together. Also I already have someone that would possibly move in the apartment after I leave.

So the questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible for the landlord to take over my contract (different apartment, but right next to mine on the same floor)?
  2. Is it possible to transfer my contract to the person moving in after me?
  3. If none of the above options are possible, I need to cancel the contract. Is it enough just to fill the form by checking the option for moving abroad in MeinVodafone site and then send my Abmeldung later (and of course, send the router back as well)?

I will be thankful for any help regarding this matter.

P.S.

4. I also have a mobile contract (via GigaKombi package), but I guess it would not be possible to prematurely cancel the mobile contract even if leaving Germany? Besides, what would happen then, if I cancel my home internet contract?

Searched for this topic around the forum and saw some horror stories involving huge debts and lawyers...

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi befunkjunky,

he tariff can be used until the day of termination.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten 4
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

A transfer of your contract is not possible.

So if your landlord will use the connection, he/she has to make a new contract with Vodafone.

Same for the person moving in after you leave...

And:

Keep in mind that due to German telecommunication laws, you are required to pay for additional 3 months after leaving Germany.

For your mobile contract:

You are right - you cannot cancel it prematurely -and- as the GigaKombi is only valid as long as both, the mobile and the landline contract exist, your GigaKombi will stop after your landline contract ends.

Thomas

Hi befunkjunky,

you already got the right answers. Has everything been clarified or is something still open?

Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, the above questions have been clarified. Thank you!

But there is one more question - will the cable internet service still be provided during the 3 months for which I am required to pay after my moving date?

Thomas

Hi befunkjunky,

he tariff can be used until the day of termination.

Regards

Thomas