abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract cancellation problems
DrOroz
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Sir or Madam, 

I have tried to cancelled the contracct with your company since August 2018 (Kundennummer: ***). I sent a cancellation letter in August 2018 to cancel the contract at the end of October 2018. It was not cancelled, thus when I realized it I contacted you customer service number and one employe told me that what I needed to do is to send by post mail the certificate that I was no longer living in Germany. I did so and nothing happenned. In the mean while I was still being charged for the services until my German bank account was finally closed (December 2018). At that moment vodafone started contacting me claiming me the money of the service, although I was certainly not receiving any! Moreover, o they are saying that I must pay or I would be fined!!

This is very frustrating since it is nearly imposssible to contact your customer services. When I tried by phone, as I do not speak German, most of the times I did not get past the automatic answering machine, and when I could contact a person they directly hanged the phone when I requested to talk with someone that could speak English.

Concerning the email and whatsapp services, in both cases the referred to this website, which has not an English version and terefore is quite difficult for a non German speaker.

In summary, I would like to know how this situation can be solved. Because I am not willing to pay for a service that I cancelled on time.

Best regards,

Dr. Oroz-Guinea

*** Edit mav1976: deleting private data ***

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello DrOroz,

you should report back here after you have sent the PM.

I looked at everything now. It is true that you reported your move abroad in August 2018. Unfortunately, you did not provide a new address, which is why the cancellation was stopped at the end of the term. You have also never submitted the requested proof. It was not until January 2019 that you registered again. Why didn't you comply with your obligation to provide proof? The confirmation of termination stated the date of termination of the contract and which documents we need from you. The mere announcement that you are moving abroad is not sufficient for early termination. To be honest, I don't understand why you didn't do anything after the termination letter to clarify this.

But be that as it may, I have now terminated the contract.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

20 Antworten 20
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

At first: As you made the contract in Germany, sole contractual language is German language.

Therefor you'll mostly only get answers in German language - and if you have requests, please also place them solely in German language (even if this might feel like being harrassed - that's what the law is about. It is the same if you go to other countries - not natively using English language).

Next thing:

What kind of contract did you have? Was it a landline contract (DSL or cable) -OR- was it a mobile contract?

Easy explaination: Landline contracts can be cancelled prematurely with a 3 months notification period beginning from the day you move or the day your cancellation including proof of movement is received by Vodafone (the later of the two dates matters) if moving to a location where the contractual agreed service cannot be fullfilled anymore. But this regulation only applies to landline contracts, not to mobile contracts.

For mobile contracts, there is NO right to prematurely cancel the contract.

And about your cancellation:

Do you have any kind of proof that your cancellation -and- the later sent (official!) certificate of movement was received by Vodafone, e.g. having the proofs that your letters were received as you sent them as registered mail?

If not, then you're in trouble - as it is your obligation to provide proof that the the letters were received by Vodafone...

You may wait until a Mod will get in touch with you - but this can take some time.

Thanks for your nice answer. I just want to address someone from the company that is able to fix this situation. On the one hand they want me to fine me but on the other hand cannot get in contact with them to solve the problem. It is very frustrating!

Anyhow, thanks again for your comments.

Grit

Hello DrOroz,

i need to see what you've gone to move to. Send me a private message with your name, the customer number, the old and the new address and your date of birth. Subsequently, you announce yourselves again here in the contribution.

It is important that you send me all requested data, otherwise I cannot become active.

Regards

Grit

Grit

Hello DrOroz,

you should report back here after you have sent the PM.

I looked at everything now. It is true that you reported your move abroad in August 2018. Unfortunately, you did not provide a new address, which is why the cancellation was stopped at the end of the term. You have also never submitted the requested proof. It was not until January 2019 that you registered again. Why didn't you comply with your obligation to provide proof? The confirmation of termination stated the date of termination of the contract and which documents we need from you. The mere announcement that you are moving abroad is not sufficient for early termination. To be honest, I don't understand why you didn't do anything after the termination letter to clarify this.

But be that as it may, I have now terminated the contract.

Regards

Grit

DrOroz
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Grit, 

Thanks for your help. I am not sure if I have to do anything else. I am not sure what do you mean with "you should report back here after you have sent the PM". Do I have to send something now and then let you know that I sent it? In that case please let me know what is extactly what I have to send (PM?). Or I should have reported here something in the past?

Best regards, 

Isabel Oroz-Guinea

Grit

Hello DrOroz

yes, in the past. Now it doesn't matter.

Do you still have questions about the termination or is your request clarified with it?

Regards

Grit

DrOroz
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Grit, 

I got a notification of the cancellation of the contract. If I understood correctly I will get a final bill and I have to return the router so this process can be finished. This arrises a couple of problems that I hope you can help me with:

1.- The router went lost during my moving, so I can't return it. It says that I have to pay for it, which is fine. I just want to know if I should notify this to someone or if its price will be included in the bill if I do not send it back in the specified time.

2.- I do not have anymore the German bank account, therefore the money can not be withdrawn from there. Instead I can transfer the money to an account. Would that be posssible? If so, could your let me know to which banck account?

3.- Once I get the bill and pay it, is there anything else that should be done to finish the contract?

Best regards, 

Dr. Isabel Oroz-Guinea

Grit

Hello DrOroz,

if you do not send the router back, it will be calculated automatically. The price is stated in the cancellation confirmation. The bank details of Vodafone are as follows:

IBAN: DE13380700590045335700

BIC: DEUTDEDK380

Please indicate the respective invoice number in the intended purpose. You will find this number on the invoices, which you can access on the customer portal.

Regards

Grit

DrOroz
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Grit, 

Sorry to trouble you again, but I received an email from vodafone saying that I have a new document for me. However, when I follow the link provided there is no document. Is there any problem?

Thanks for your help,

Dr Oroz