abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract cancellation of the previous internet provider
Ricardo26
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I have made an Internet cable contract with Vodafone and I was told while doing the contract that Vodafone would take care of canceling my existing contract with 1&1 and that I would not need to pay my remaining time with 1&1 but so far nothing happened.

After contacting the customer service yesterday about the situation, I was told that I would receive a form via e-mail that I would need to fill in order to cancel the 1&1 contract but I haven't received anything until now.

Any help would be appreciated. 

16 Antworten 16
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi Ricardo26,

welcome here in our Community.

We can have a look on that. Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Please note that Vodafone can only take care of cancelling your old contract if the following conditions are met:

a) you're taking your old telephone number with you to the new contract ("Portierung")

-and-

b) your cancellation request is is still within tim before the notice period of your old contract ends; usually it is said that you should give another 4..6 weeks before the end of your notice period which may up to 3 months to the end of your old contract

@Stephan I have sent you a private message, thanks for the help.

Stephan

Hi Ricardo26,

thanks for the pm.

The form for the termination of the old provider was sent to you on the 10th.

Unfortunately the e-mail address is not yet verified. Therefore the form comes with the letter post.

Regards

Stephan

@Stephan Can you confirm if I will not have to pay anything to 1 & 1 due to the cancelation like I was told during my contract sign up call with Vodafone?

Otherwise I will have to cancel my contract with Vodafone (I have 14 days to cancel it without any special reason), since I don't want to pay two services at the same time.

I have confirmed my e-mail address, in the MeinVodafone page it shows that the mail is confirmed.

Stephan

Hi Ricardo26,

you got a credit note at the beginning of the contract. So there won't be deductions for the next months.

Meanwhile you can send back the form for the provider change.

Regards

Stephan

@Ricardo26  schrieb:

@Stephan Can you confirm if I will not have to pay anything to 1 & 1 due to the cancelation like I was told during my contract sign up call with Vodafone?

You got that wrong:

You still have to pay your monthly invoices to 1&1 until your cancellation gets effective. Vodafone cannot influence any kind of invoices that 1&1 generates and that they charge you on base of your old contract with 1&1.

Instead, Vodafone will not charge you any fees for that time - thus you only have to pay to 1&1 until the contract ends and Vodafone will start charging you from that day on. This means you won't have to pay for two contracts at the same time.

Ok, as long as I only have to pay one contract that's good enough but I still haven't received the provider change form.

@Stephan Can you send it via e-mail instead, or send it via mail again, it doesn't seem normal that it takes so long to receive it.

Stephan

Hi Ricardo26,

please enter again you e-mail-address in your customer portal. After that you get a message to verify this address.

Please do so an reply here again.

Regards

Stephan