abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract cancellation (Leaving Germany)
BenedictR
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello everyone!

I am writing in English, as my German is not that good.

I have two contracts by Kabel (Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable) and Vodafone (GigaKombi). At the end of December 2018 I am leaving Germany as my job contract comes to an end. Therefore, I would like to terminate my Internet & Phone contract only, as I would like to keep my German phone number for a few more months---I will be living within EU. I first made my Internet & Phone contract in March 2014 and it would last until February 2019. However, in May 2018 I added GigaKombi to my contracts, which extended the earliest cancellation date of both to May 2020. Would it be possible to do this: keep GigaKombi and terminate Internet & Phone at the end of December 2018?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Benedict Vassileiou

4 Antworten 4
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

First things first:  "Gigakombi" is not a tariff/monthly plan, but the name for the combination of different Vodafone products to receive a certain monthly rebate. 😉

That being said:  Did you already check the numerous other threads that deal with precisely this topic?  Some of them even have the 100% identical headline as yours.  And all the answers are there already as well.

Hence in a nutshell:

• There is no legal basis for an early termination of a mobile contract when moving abroad (just for completeness' sake).
  • For a fixed line contract you need to provide Vodafone with proof of deregistration (Abmeldebescheinigung) together with your premature cancellation request (or at least in a very timely manner afterwards).
  • Vodafone will check and most possibly send you a statement of approval.
  • You will be charged for the three months following the premature cancellation as described in German Telecommunication Laws and Regulations.
  • Make sure you return all and any rental hardware in due time.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi BenedictR,

do you have any further questions or do you need any other support.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello and thanks for your replies!

Yes I do need further support because contacting the support centre of Kabel is not helpful at all. When I requested my contract cancellation there by sending them my deregistration proof, they sent me back to the forum here again. So, in fact, I do not know how to actually proceed with my cancellation request.

I also requested cancellation for my mobile phone contract, separately with Vodafone. I was luckier in this one, as they did reply but unfortunately told me that a premature cancellation is not compatible with my contract and I would have to pay a high fee for it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

All the best,

Benedict

Stephan

Hi BenedictR,

then please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!