abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract Cancellation
AndrewM92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
To whom this may concern,

In May, I signed out of living in Germany. With the help of a lady in a store where I registered and first ordered my Vodafone Kabel contract, I sent Vodafone my Kabel Box and modem, attached with a copy of my Abmeldung papers and a letter to ask to cancel my contract.

Money is still being taken from my account. I spoke with an employee from Vodafone, and they suggested I come here and that someone else will help me resolve my problem.

I need this to stop as soon as possible, as I am constantly having to transfer money back into that account internationally, which is also costing me in fees and taxes.

Can someone please help?
10 Antworten 10
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie
  • Have you received a confirmation of the premature cancellation?
  • Please bear in mnd that in the case of an approved premature cancellation you are obliged to pay the monthly fee for another three months after the cancellation date.  Could this be the reason for the deductions from your account?

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

AndrewM92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
@SuperUser Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I had to leave under urgent circumstances due to personal reasons, so I left Germany the next day after sending everything back. I did not receive any official confirmation, but the lady in the store said to me it would not matter.

This could be the reason, but I would rather find out now before I need to pay for another month and then go through all of this anyway.

Let's put it this way:  The piece of information

@AndrewM92@  schrieb:
(...) but the lady in the store said to me it would not matter.

is at least rusky to base anything on in terms of proper cancellation.

The regular way would be/would have been:

• Inform Vodafone of your leaving the country.
  • Provide Vodafone with proof of these circumstances (e.g. official de-registration).
  • Have Vodafone confirm the approval of cancellation.

Not really too sure what can be done here in retrospect. May I suggest you wait for a moderator to find the time and check in with you.  As they are Vodafone employees (opposed to me, being "but" a customer) they have access to the required details and can check more thoroughly than I ever could.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

AndrewM92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
In hindsight, I should have paid more attention. But I was under extreme pressure and had many things to do in a short space of time, so I did not pay the required attention to this as I should have. I provided all the details attached that I needed to, so I am hoping this was enough.

I will wait for a moderator to respond and see if we can make something happen. But I do thank you for your input and help. Much appreciated
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Andrew,

proof is always required if you want to terminate a contract prematurely. As this is not available, the contract was probably terminated at the end of the term. Proof of termination under the Telecommunications Act (relocation + 3 months) is required.

A termination in the shop, is not advisable, likewise, to deliver the terminal there. But now it has happened and we have to see how best to solve it. Do you have a deregistration from Germany?

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
AndrewM92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hello Grit

When I sent the Kabel box and modem back to a Vodafone address in Erfurt, I also sent proof of my deregistration from Germany.

I still do have the deregistration paper here with me.

Regards
Andrew
Grit

Hello Andrew,

the devices must go to Nuremberg, the proof to Erfurt. I'm afraid it didn't work out because of the confusion.

Also keep in mind that the termination takes place according to the Telecommunications Act (relocation + 3 months) and is not possible immediately.

Send me your name, the old address, the new address, your customer number, the logout from Germany and the link to the thread in a private message.

Regards

Grit

Hi AndrewM92,

thanks for your message. Since Grit isn't here right now, I'll answer you.

Already in May we have received a cancellation with a de-registration from you. The cancellation of your contracts was confirmed to 16.08.2018. So that means all your contracts are already terminated and all devices are already back.

There won't be new charges for this contracts.

Regards

Stephan

AndrewM92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hi Stephan

Thank you for the message and confirmation.

I appreciate all the help people have given on this forum. Very useful and helpful.

Regards,
Andrew