Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Changing the tariff
AnnaNishcheret
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I tried contacting customer service but none of the operators, unfortunately, were able to speak English, which is a shame. Anyways, I would like to know how I can change my tariff and switch to a cheaper tariff. I am currently paying about 20 per month for my DSL and would like to keep my monthly invoice under 25 euros.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Anna

Edit: Board adapted.

11 Antworten 11
DSS1
Full Metal User
Full Metal User

@AnnaNishcheret  schrieb:

Hello,

I tried contacting customer service but none of the operators, unfortunately, were able to speak English, which is a shame.

Anna

Just speak german, then. Easy. Problem solved.

Cheers,

DSS1

"The three best things in life is the beer before and the cigarette after."

- Judge Dread -
Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser
@DSS1, that's impolite. You would be happy when you get support at least in English don't speaking the native language.
Do you have any hint for Anna?

@AnnaNishcheret, I believe changing in cheaper tariff is only possible after 24 month. But I'm not sure. How long runs your contract currently?
Did you try to change your current tariff about MeinVodafone portal?
DSS1
Full Metal User
Full Metal User

@Mav1976  schrieb:
@DSS1, that's impolite. You would be happy when you get support at least in English don't speaking the native language.

Nope, I'm a bit old fashioned. I'd learn the language instead.

@Mav1976  schrieb:

Do you have any hint for Anna?

Of course: Learn the language, Anna.

- Judge Dread -

Dear DSS1,

Next time you find yourself outside of Germany (if that ever happens, you may find it a very mind-opening experience) and seeking service from any service provider, you may be surprised to find out that, rather than insult you for not knowing the local language, people will actually try to help you in English. I wish you remember at that moment your comment to my inquiry.

I did not seek any advice regarding my language skills. If you have no relevant advice to give, please refrain from answering.

Thank you and regards.

@AnnaNishcheret  schrieb:

Dear DSS1,

Next time you find yourself outside of Germany (if that ever happens, you may find it a very mind-opening experience) and seeking service from any service provider, you may be surprised to find out that, rather than insult you for not knowing the local language, people will actually try to help you in English.

Oh, I do travel, occasionally. Ever been to France? You sure as hell get no help whatsoever in english, there. They actually consider it impolite to not speak french, when in France. Silly, huh? Been to the UK, too, and - guess what - I learned the language. Don't you find it a bit hypocritical to complain about the language skills of others, when you yourself refuse to learn the language of the country you live in?

I had a good conversation with a french guy of moroccan descent, last night. He spoke really good german with a sexy french accent. Awesomely nice bloke. But I guess he was an idiot for going through the trouble of learning german, when he could have just picked his language of choice an complain about everybody, who doesn't speak it, right?

Cheers,

DSS1

- Judge Dread -

I find your comments, from first to last, extremely inappropriate, bordering on insulting. I think you should take your rant elsewhere. To a xenophobic forum, perhaps.

I'm not in the slightest xenophobic. I couldn't care less about color or origin. I just consider it impolite to complain about natives speaking their native tongue.

Cheers,

DSS1

- Judge Dread -
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey AnnaNishcheret,

im sorry that you had such an unpleasant expirience with our hotline.
Most agents should be able to handle a call nevertheless.
Sadly for dsl customers there is no dedicated hotlinenumber to speak with an english speaking operator.

Feel free to send me a private message with your customernumber.

Therefore please click on my name/avatar -> Then on the right side "Diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht senden". I'll have a closer look into this.

@DSS1 : Though i understand your position - and you have expressed it in a atleast very polite way - at the end of the day this hint is not a feasable solution for our customers. Most of the non german speaking users have an important inquiry , which demands a fast reaction from our side.
Could we please agree, that if you spot an english thread in future, where the solution is not solvable by a general advice from other users, that you just give a hint like "please be patient, if neccessary a moderator will get in touch with you"?. Thanks for your cooperation 

Kind regards,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
DSS1
Full Metal User
Full Metal User

@Andre  schrieb:

Could we please agree, that if you spot an english thread in future, where the solution is not solvable by a general advice from other users, that you just give a hint like "please be patient, if neccessary a moderator will get in touch with you"?. Thanks for your cooperation 

Kind regards,
Andre

I'm willing to give it a try.

Cheers,

DSS1

- Judge Dread -