abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancellation of internet contract
Noernberg
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone

Back in February I cancelled my contract due to moving abroad in May. I was told by Vodafone when I signed up that I had 3 months’ notice in such a case.

I never heard anything back so in May, before moving, I called Vodafone and it turned out that the cancellation had not been registered. Nevertheless, I did not want to discuss a few months so I resubmitted the cancellation according to the guidelines I got from the hotline with all the needed documentation and got confirmation that it was registered.

On 28.05.2018 I received a letter from Vodafone confirming that they are not able to provide cable internet and phone at my new adress in Denmark. The letter also set the contract end date to 21.08.2018.

Then a week later on 06.07.2018 I received another letter from Vodafone stating that my contract would expire according to Telekommunikationsgesetz (§ 46 Abs. 8 Satz 3 TKG). I did not pay more attention to this as the mentioned clause in para 8 states “Wird die Leistung am neuen Wohnsitz nicht angeboten, ist der Verbraucher zur Kündigung des Vertrages unter Einhaltung einer Kündigungsfrist von drei Monaten zum Ende eines Kalendermonats berechtigt.“ Meaning that the contract will expire in three months as already confirmed by Vodafone on 28.05.2018.

Now I have received my invoice for August and it all of a sudden has a contract end date on it dated to 18.05.2019. Namely one year after I cancelled the second time. Furthermore, Vodafone has also charged me for the full month + increased the cost as the contract is now two years old.

Can anyone please help me?

I have tried to call the hotline several times but my attempt to speak German is apparently not good enough so they keep hanging up on me. I have also tried to use the online contact formula but most of the time it ends up asking me to call the hotline. I did manage to send one message through but that was only because I went through the entire cancellation process again.

7 Antworten 7
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Possibly the most important question:  Did you provide Vodafone with proof of your moving to Denmark, i.e. by sending your de-registration document?  If you haven't done so, then Vodafone cannot and will not allow the premature cancellation to be processed.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Thanks for the swift responce.

Yes, that was included in the cancellation sent in May. I can only assume that was acknowledge since I got a cancellation date set for three months later and confirmation that Vodafone could not provide in the service at my new adress.

Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Noernberg,

I'd be happy to help you out and look at your resignation. For this I need your customer data.Please send me your customer number, name and address by private message and then contact me again here in the article.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Noernberg,

please send me the German address of your connection by private message, so that we can compare the data.

Regards

Stephan

Hi Noernberg,

thanks for your pm.

Based on the date you moved out of your German address, the contract was terminated on 21.08.2018.

Regards

Stephan

Thanks for the support and clarification Stephan.

Would be very much appreciated if you could ensure that the invoicing and withdraws from my bank account is stopped and the payments after 21.08.2018 are sent back to my account.

Thanks again for the support and have a nice weekend

/Denis

Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Noernberg,

yes the payments for your contract are already don. The fees after the 21.08.2018 are credited on your account and will be refunded the next days.

Regards

Stephan