abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancellation of Cable internet
GBhat
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, 

I would like to cancel my cable connection from Vodafone on 31st July 2018 since I am leaving Germany. 

I would like to know the next steps and information on where to deposit the cable box. So I would like to terminate SEPA direct debit set for the purpose of the contract from 31st July 2018th

Warm regards,

Bhat

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

First:

As you are in Germany, contractual language is solely German - so your cancellation needs to be written in German (otherwise it might be rejected depending on the staff that is processing your cancellation letter). Maybe you can ask a friend or collegue to help you to write your letter of cancellation in German stating that you will be moving out of Germany.

Second:

There are only few ways to cancel your contract safely - either you use the contact form whilst being logged in (you'll receive a reception note via e-Mail) or sending a written letter. "Usual" e-Mails are not enough as Vodafone cannot proove if the sender is the contract owner (and in so far is allowed to cancel the contract).

Third:

The 3 months period starting from the day that you move is according to the telecommunications law. In order to use this special possibility for a premature termination of the contract, you need to notify Vodafone about moving -and- you need to send them a copy of the proof (either by the written "Ummeldebescheinigung" if moving inside Germany -or- by the written "Abmeldebescheinigung" if moving outside).

By the way:

Before the telecommunications law had been altered, moving abroad (or even to another location in Germany where the service was unavailable) was no reason for a premature cancellation of a contract - users had to pay the whole amount until the end even if they were not able to use the service - as moving was solely in the customers responsibility.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

At first: You need to send a written cancellation together with the Letter of Deregistration to Vodafone...

Second: Even after leaving Germany, you have to pay for additional 3 months (as per law).

Hey,

I already wrote to Vodafone and they asked me to post here.

I believe the notice starts from the day I sent email requesting cancellation. Also moving abroad isn't special case where contract would be terminated without/short notice? 

First:

As you are in Germany, contractual language is solely German - so your cancellation needs to be written in German (otherwise it might be rejected depending on the staff that is processing your cancellation letter). Maybe you can ask a friend or collegue to help you to write your letter of cancellation in German stating that you will be moving out of Germany.

Second:

There are only few ways to cancel your contract safely - either you use the contact form whilst being logged in (you'll receive a reception note via e-Mail) or sending a written letter. "Usual" e-Mails are not enough as Vodafone cannot proove if the sender is the contract owner (and in so far is allowed to cancel the contract).

Third:

The 3 months period starting from the day that you move is according to the telecommunications law. In order to use this special possibility for a premature termination of the contract, you need to notify Vodafone about moving -and- you need to send them a copy of the proof (either by the written "Ummeldebescheinigung" if moving inside Germany -or- by the written "Abmeldebescheinigung" if moving outside).

By the way:

Before the telecommunications law had been altered, moving abroad (or even to another location in Germany where the service was unavailable) was no reason for a premature cancellation of a contract - users had to pay the whole amount until the end even if they were not able to use the service - as moving was solely in the customers responsibility.

Lars
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi GBhat,

@reneroman has already written everything right. Do you have any further questions?

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GBhat
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Lars,

Please help me with below points

1. Whom should I send cancellation request? I used online form and they asked me to post here in the forum. I need email id to which I can send Cancellation request.

2. Please let me know how do I deposit the hardware device?

Warm regards,

Guru

Hi GBhat,

please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Dear Stephan,

I have sent you private message, please check

Nancy

Hello GBhat,

your cancellation has arrived with us and this was discontinued at the end of the term, since you have not yet given us a new address. A written confirmation will be sent to you. We still need a registration certificate from you. As soon as you have sent it to us, your cancellation will be adjusted, as reneromann has already written to you.

Send your WLAN cable router back to the following address:

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland GmbH

c/o DHL Paket

Am Tower 222

90475 Nürnberg

Do you have any further questions?

Best regards

Nancy

GBhat
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Nancy,

Thanks for your reply.

I will get Abmeldebestätigung next week and I can send you the same. 

should I send private message to you when I receive Abmeldebestätigung?

Thanks,

Guru