abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancel contract leaving apartment
fahimmahmood
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi there, 

I want to cancel my contract of Vodafone Kabel. I have already given notice to the house owner. Furthermore, I am not sure where I will move within Germany yet so I can not opt for moving my contract to another place. Can someone help me in this regard?

Further details i can share later if someone needs them

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

@fahimmahmood  schrieb:

so why I am supposed to pay if I am no longer living in that place this I am not understanding, could it be that the payment will stop and once I get the room I can resume or cancel the contract?

You are supposed to pay because you signed a contract that obliges you to pay for the contract - and Vodafone will provide you the paid-for service at the location that you contractually agreed. If you move out of that location, it's solely your problem that you cannot use the service any more - but this does not change anything with the obligation to pay for the service.

Be happy that there was a change to the telecommunications law a few years ago that grants the right to prematurely end the contract if the service cannot be fullfilled at the new location.

Germanys high court had ruled out a similar case where the customer moved to a location, where the service could not be fullfilled, in a way that the contract had to be paid fully until the end of the minimal contractual term even if that would mean that the had to pay for more than a year without the possibility to use the service (as moving is solely in the responsibility of the customer). Afterwards the telecommunications law was changed to have this special right of a premature cancellation witht the 3 months period.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten 4
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The cancellation can only be processed if the new address is known.

As your contract will move to the new address - the only way to cancel the contract is if the contract cannot be fulfilled at the new address (and that's the reason why the new address matters).

Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello fahimmahmood,

we'll be happy to help you.

In this case you can cancel your contract as usual at the end of the term.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

I understand that I have to provide the other address. As previously mentioned is I am not sure where I will stay in Germany and I already gave notice for the current address. so why I am supposed to pay if I am no longer living in that place this I am not understanding, could it be that the payment will stop and once I get the room I can resume or cancel the contract?

@fahimmahmood  schrieb:

so why I am supposed to pay if I am no longer living in that place this I am not understanding, could it be that the payment will stop and once I get the room I can resume or cancel the contract?

You are supposed to pay because you signed a contract that obliges you to pay for the contract - and Vodafone will provide you the paid-for service at the location that you contractually agreed. If you move out of that location, it's solely your problem that you cannot use the service any more - but this does not change anything with the obligation to pay for the service.

Be happy that there was a change to the telecommunications law a few years ago that grants the right to prematurely end the contract if the service cannot be fullfilled at the new location.

Germanys high court had ruled out a similar case where the customer moved to a location, where the service could not be fullfilled, in a way that the contract had to be paid fully until the end of the minimal contractual term even if that would mean that the had to pay for more than a year without the possibility to use the service (as moving is solely in the responsibility of the customer). Afterwards the telecommunications law was changed to have this special right of a premature cancellation witht the 3 months period.