abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancel Contract Moving Overseas
blichte1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I will be leaving Germany at the end of August. Obviously, I will no longer need my Cable Internet from Vodafone, so I would like to cancel it. I will deregister from Germany after I know what my physical address will be in the long run in the UK. I will provide the relevant confirmation of this deregistration to ensure timely completion of the contract termination. Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Best,

Bruce

25 Antworten 25

Perhaps I need to reiterate this:

My bank does not allow wire transfers unless I control both accounts. It does not allow ACH transfers unless initiated by a personal visit to the bank. It is incapable of performing international money transfers by any means. 

Simply put, if Vodafone wants whatever future debt I incur because of their interpretation of the telecommunications act section 46 allows, the debt can only be settled using a personal check. Vodafone can accept personal checks, their bank is responsible for processing them. I cannot send money any other way.

Lars
Moderator:in

Hi blichte1,

we've told you our opinion several times now. How you implement this is not in our hands. We are not obliged to accept checks.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
blichte1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Have I bored Nancy and Thomas enough to get Lars?

How fun?

What your opinion fails to incorporate is certain facts that I have no control over (unlike you, with your maleable opinions):
I cannot send money via any other means to Vodafone than by personal check.

I have no way of sending money via any other means to Vodafone than by personal check.

There are no other ways Vodafone can recieve money from me other than by personal check.

Your opinions on this issue do not matter and your refusal to provide a mailing address for personal checks is tantamount to refusing payment. That is inaccurate: it is in fact refusing payment because there are no other methods in my employ for sending you money.

Now another fact for you:

If you decide that you do want payment and hire a debt collector for the two months of no service, the debt collector will have exactly the same trouble. They will have to accept a personal check. Isn't this just easier if you provide me with an address to send a personal check to?

Lars

Hi,

the valid AGB Point 4.1.1 and 6 to this contract are valid. These provide for a payment by bank account and no other means of payment. You accepted these terms and conditions at the beginning of the contract. If you cannot guarantee this, it is not the fault of Vodafone. These are the facts.

That the moderators change has to do with the fact that sometimes we are free and customers don't have to wait so long for an answer.

Regards

Lars

blichte1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

If 4.1.1 is in operation 4.1.4 is as well. I informed Vodafone of my move and closure of my bank account -- as required by law subsequent to my deregistration from Germany. I moved back to the US, where I am a citizen and where my bank is located. Since SEPA-debit accounts don't exist in the US and you are not providing me a service in the US, section 4.1.1 is really a legal non-sequitor. It might be in operation but it doesn't apply in my situation -- there is no way for me to open a SEPA-debit account in the US. Further, Vodafone cannot insist that I maintain an illegal bank account in Germany so it can option an additional three months of fees under section 46 of the telecommunications act. The fees aren't required by law, and Vodafone certainly isn't above it. To be absolutely clear here: Vodafone's contract isn't written to cover when people leave the EU...

I have given you the best case scenerio here: you accept a personal check. It is what my bank recommends I do, it is the only option for paying into non-domestic bank accounts. I've said this multiple times. 

Lars

Hi blichte1,

we're going round in circles here. A check deposit does not work with Vodafone cable. The terms and conditions that you have accepted apply. It doesn't matter whether you moved abroad or not. I'm sorry, but we can't do anything for you. I also close the thread with it. Further discussions will lead to no other result.

Best regards

Lars