abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

BILLED CONNECTION FEE FOR LOST CABLE ROUTER
AsieduGH_family
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
On 16th December 2020, I ordered for internet and phone cable from Vodafone. On 17th December 2020, I had a message from DHL that they have delivered the parcel but to my surprise the parcel was not there upon reaching the said venue. I then called Vodafone to report the incidence but they told me to use the tracking code for the parcel to trace it . I followed suit as directed but didn't get the parcel, I then called the customer service again and they said they could use the WLAN cable router serial number to trace it.
I urgently needed internet during the said period so I called again to complain about it. The officer promised to send me a new router only if I agreed to add kofy to my name inorder to avoid double names in their system. Never did I cancell the old contract or received a mail from Vodafone for cancelling my old contract.
Please 3months after this incidence I received a mail from Vodafone to pay 100Euro as connection fees for cancelling the old contract. I still don't understand why I must pay because I never received the said router not to talk of using it.
I humbly request Vodafone to use their power find who stole and used the said router. Thanks
12 Antworten 12
strg-alt
Datenguru
Datenguru

The shipment of the router to the customer is in full responsibility of Vodafone. It is really pour that you did not receive appropriate support. I guess a moderator should check this case to make sure that everything is cleaned up correctly.

@strg-alt 

According to what the thread opener said, the parcel was delivered by DHL and the tracking code also said so...

The question is now: Where was the parcel delivered to and who signed for it.

If it was delivered to a remote location where the TO asked DHL to drop it off and it was -after drop off- taken away, then it's the sole responsibility of the TO (as he asked DHL to do so -- the so called drop off allowance). If there was no such drop off allowance and the TO (or any person that he mandated to do so) signed for the package, then it's not Vodafones but DHLs fault and it might be even fraudulent if they then sign for the parcel and place it to a "delivered" state as they never did what they were paid for - handing over the package.

In either way: The biggest problem was ordering a second line -and- as time passed by - having that issue raised right now. As far as I know, tracking reports are only saved for a very limited time by DHL - so it might be that there is no tracking report available anymore. Moreover if someone picked up the router and set it up at his home, it might even be that Vodafone was not able to track the issue anymore as they had to think that the router was found by the TO after initially reporting not to have done so.

So it's not that easy right now - the question is really what happened to the "old" parcel and who signed for it...

AsieduGH_family
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
I did not sign for the parcel neither did anybody also signed on my behalf. I only saw a DHL notice in my letter box about delivered parcel but I did not found the parcel at the drop off place. Kindly note that I did not request for new router but it was Vodafone that agreed to send me new router when I called to report the issue to them. I think your office should be able to see that the router was never set up in my apartment. Also, why will I cancel a contract and request for same product within the same time. It was Vodafone that decided to send me new router within that short period by adjusting my name by adding "kofy" in the quest to solve the problem. I was never informed that the new router is a new contract and that I have to pay for the old one. It was only when you recently billed me that I got to know the contract numbers are even different. Please, kindly note that I did not see the parcel.

We are all just customers like you and guessing around to give some help. Only moderators are official employees of Vodafone and can take a look in the system and give you real support. If Vodafone was asking you to return the first router, then I would guess that the first contract was also cancelled. But as I said, only moderators can check the details, so please be patient and wait for one to step in.

Thomas
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi AsieduGH_family,

let's take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi AsieduGH_family,

unfortunately, we can no longer trace this on the basis of the consignment number. Here you must place an order for investigation with DHL. Unfortunately, we are out in this case.

Regards 

Thomas 

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

@AsieduGH_family  schrieb:
I did not sign for the parcel neither did anybody also signed on my behalf. I only saw a DHL notice in my letter box about delivered parcel but I did not found the parcel at the drop off place.

Have you asked DHL back then in writing where they dropped the parcel? And what was their answer?

I think your office should be able to see that the router was never set up in my apartment.

That's not possible - Cable lines are -in difference to DSL (phone) lines- not bound to a specific outlet. So it does not matter if you connect / set up the router in your appartment -or- if someone connects /sets up the router in his appartment; Vodafone can only track that the router is online in a specific segment - but not in which house and/or appartment.

Also, why will I cancel a contract and request for same product within the same time.

The thing is: Cancelling is not withdrawing - Cancelling means ending the contract at the end of the regular term, withdrawing means ending it immediately as if the contract has never been made.

And the next thing is that it is possible that you might have requested a separate line for your work as your employer might require you to do so (one line only for your work devices and a completely separated one for your private devices).

And as Thomas already said - time is the biggest problem here - DHL might have already discarded any kind of reports from the parcel back then. So even if you would have the parcel number, they most presumably have already deleted the records including the signature.

@Thomas  schrieb:

Hi AsieduGH_family,

unfortunately, we can no longer trace this on the basis of the consignment number. Here you must place an order for investigation with DHL. Unfortunately, we are out in this case.

Regards 

Thomas 

Only the sender of the shipment can place an investigation order at DHL because only the sender has an contract with DHL. DHL would request all information from sender, so like name, adress, time of hand over to DHL.... Vodafone has to raise the claim at DHL.  If shipments are lost, then the commercial sender is liable, not the private end user (receiver).

@reneromann  schrieb:

That's not possible - Cable lines are -in difference to DSL (phone) lines- not bound to a specific outlet. So it does not matter if you connect / set up the router in your appartment -or- if someone connects /sets up the router in his appartment; Vodafone can only track that the router is online in a specific segment - but not in which house and/or appartment.

Also, why will I cancel a contract and request for same product within the same time.

The thing is: Cancelling is not withdrawing - Cancelling means ending the contract at the end of the regular term, withdrawing means ending it immediately as if the contract has never been made.

And the next thing is that it is possible that you might have requested a separate line for your work as your employer might require you to do so (one line only for your work devices and a completely separated one for your private devices).

And as Thomas already said - time is the biggest problem here - DHL might have already discarded any kind of reports from the parcel back then. So even if you would have the parcel number, they most presumably have already deleted the records including the signature.

The contract was obviously cancelled correctly, that's why the router was charged because it was not returned on time. Moderators like Thomas are able to check and confirm, so I would expect him to check that the contractual situation is correct. Unfortunately he did not reply on this.