abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Any way of getting help in English?
tjny
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hello, I am moving to Germany in a month and am trying to set up my internet service there (I want to use Red Kabel internet). I'm still learning German and can speak and understand a lot but not things specifically related to issues like setting up services. I called the sales support line, spent some time on hold, and finally got a live person. I asked (in German) if they spoke English, they said no, I fumbled for a few seconds trying to figure out a way of asking if they could transfer me to someone, and they promptly hung up on me. I also sent an email to the only email address I could find, and they wrote back saying they could neither help me nor forward my message. I tried contacting a chat agent through WhatsApp and the virtual assistant said to wait for someone to help me, and an hour went by without any further response.

Aside from not being very impressed by Vodafone's customer service now, I still haven't gotten my questions answered. I was calling to ask if it's possible to upgrade at some point if I sign up for the 250 mbit/s plan but decide later that I want the 500 or 1000 mbit/s option instead. I also wanted to know if I could schedule an appointment to install/setup the connection on a particular date (the day I arrive or the day after).

Is there anyone I can speak to who can help me with these two things? Thank you.

4 Antworten 4
Shimmy
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Can't say for sure, but upgrading plans is usually OK. Downgrading not so much.

Thomas
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi tjny,

sorry that things have not gone so well so far. This is the right place for you to get the answers you need.

You can always upgrade your contract. However, you will always get a new term of 24 months.

With cable, the connections are mostly plug & play. So you can easily order with a desired date. In addition, a note, the shipment is then always on the specified date.  

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello, unfortunately I'm trying to sign up now and...is it not possible to register with Vodafone unless you already have a German bank account? I'm moving in a few weeks and it's really important that I make an appointment now so that the internet can be set up as soon as I get there (same day or next day at the latest), but of course I won't be opening my local bank account until I actually arrive. Is there no way of registering and setting up my plan and making the first payment in advance without a German bank account?? Thanks!

Hi tjny,

if it doesn't work online, we have to do this by ourselves.  Smiley (fröhlich) I'll manually create the account for you.

Please send me a private message with following data:

- your full name
- your full address in Germany
- date of birth
- IBAN
- e-mail address
- the link of this thread

And of course tell me, which tariff do you want to use at your new address and to which date.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!