abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

1000 Mbps Bandwidth being throttled after 2 months abroad
LeoFi
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello!

Since I upgraded my connection to 1000 Mbps, my internet has been working great. I've been away for 2 months and just came back last weekend and my internet stability and speed have gone. away. After a lot of tests and support from my VPN provider, we came to the conclusion that my internet connexion was being throttled. When I'm connected to my VPN everything (stability and speed) work as expected, but as soon as I disconnect from my VPN then I barely get any broadband, I've run multiple tests with fast.com, which gives me 30 Mbps without the VPN against 210 Mbps with VPN.

I've tried restarting my router to refresh my network connections without any success. I've come to the conclusion that my internet connection was being throttled since I came back to Germany (and probably was I while away).

I don't understand why this happened as I read previously that Vodafone does not throttle internet downloads (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/Are-Vodafone-Throttling-download-speeds/td-p/2654430).

I'd like my line to be fixed and my connection to go back to normal because I'm paying for the 1000 Mbps Bandwidth package and this is unacceptable.

Best, Eleonore

5 Antworten 5
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Eleonore,

I'll check the connection. Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hey Marco, thanks for your answer, I sent you my info by PN.

ERFD

Hello LeoFi,

is the VPN running over IPv6 or IPv4? There is no throttling. If this is the case, it is technically caused by a too high load. Is your line restricted the whole day, so 24/7?  

@Marco has forgotten to ask for the date of birth for the legitimation  

of the contract holder. Please send us this via PN.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
LeoFi
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Fred,

My VPN (ExpressVpn) is using the IPv4 protocol. It seems to me that the line is restricted the whole day, but it's more noticeable in the mornings, from what my girlfriend is saying. I've sent to Marco my date of birth by PN.

Best, Eleonore

Tobias

Hey,

well, we didnt throttle anything in that case, our network looks fine in your area, so theres nothing faulty in that way. Can you try another vpn provider?

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!