abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Upgrading from DSL to Kabel - Contract change
neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello. Sorry for posting in English, my technical/contract/legal German is not good enough for these types of questions.

I have a short question that I could not already find the answer to.

If I am a DSL customer on a 50mbit plan and I want to upgrade to Kabel 1000mbit, do I need to cancel my DSL contract first, or shall Vodafone take care of that during the upgrade process?

Many thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey neilltim,

you do not need to cancle your dsl contract first.
While ordering the new cable contract you can choose to take your your current phone number from the old dsl contract with you. This way the dsl contract gets cancelled, once your new cable contract is active.

Cheers,

Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten 6
Andre

Hey neilltim,

you do not need to cancle your dsl contract first.
While ordering the new cable contract you can choose to take your your current phone number from the old dsl contract with you. This way the dsl contract gets cancelled, once your new cable contract is active.

Cheers,

Andre

neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Many thanks @Andre 

This is what I thought too, so it's nice for the confirmation.

I am getting charged by Vodafone for my old DSL connection for the last two years even after I switched to Kabel. So now I am paying for two services even though I only have one.

Thanks for your answer!

Andre

Hey neilltim,

we'll if you get still charged for both contracts , i'm pretty sure that you did not bring your old phone number with you to the cable contract.

If you just order a new cable contract, without any referal that you are already a dsl customer , 2 contracts can exist parallel.

Cheers,
Andre

neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Ok this is very strange, though, @Andre 

I did not sign up for anything myself (through an online service, for example.) I had a Vodafone representative come to my house, take my existing paperwork, and copy details from those things when selling me the Kabel 1000mbit service.

What you are suggesting then is that the Vodafone representative made a mistake in this case.

Even if the above part is not true, it should be extremely unusual that two different services are used at the same address that would not at all realistically be used together, especially when one can see that the usage for the obsolete service is zero.

No reasonable person would pay for Kabel AND dsl service to the same address. I was told on a number of occasions that everything is fine and taken care of, both by the initial salesperson and the Techniker that installed it.

What would you say my options are about getting refunded for this mistake?

Thanks for your time and your replies.

Andre

Hey neilltim,

i was just explaining how the process should work.

Especially since homeoffice is the new normal , some customers explicitly want internet via two different technologies so that they have a failproof fallback solution / redundancy.

I see that you are already in contract via private message regarding this, my colleagues will answer you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Andre

neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

thank you for your assistance @Andre 

this topic can be "properly" closed now 🙂