abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Return of Old Router as New Router has been delivered
Fijo_Francis
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Team, @Jens 

My current Kundennummer : ***.

Now one of the vodafone agents have come to my home and made a new contract for a new plan and they have given a new Router. and the Kundennummer is ***

What is the process of returning the old router. Can you please help ?

EDIT: customer number deleted

Edit2: @Fijo_Francis thread moved to right board. Lars

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Lars
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Fijo,

I have revoked the contracts on GigaTV. You will receive written confirmation within the next few days. The fees will be refunded automatically.

I have cancelled the security package. You will also receive a written confirmation within the next days. So everything should be fine.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

15 Antworten 15
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

I have the strange feeling that you may have got a second contract and not an upgrade - especially if the customer numbers differ...

Therefor please double-check that the customer number for both, the old and the new contract, are identical. If this is the case, you should withdraw the new contract as you will otherwise have to pay for both contacts - the old one until it runs out -AND- the new one!

Hi @reneromann 

I also felt so.

Who can solve this issue ?

Ideally Vodafone should have sorted out this instead of customers figuring out.

Even my old contract was till April 2019 , now looks like it got automatically got extended till 2021.

Not sure, whats happening 😞

@Fijo_Francis  schrieb:

I also felt so.

Who can solve this issue ?

You by yourself - you signed this second contract, so it's up to you to write the withdrawal notice (Widerruf) in accordance to the withdrawal information sheet (Widerrufsbelehrung) as long as you are still within the given period.

@Fijo_Francis  schrieb:

Ideally Vodafone should have sorted out this instead of customers figuring out.

It's not up to Vodafone to check, notify and/or deny if you want to get a second line or not. Some people even specifically opt for separate lines in order to separate their private network (and costs) from their business traffic or are even required by their employer to do so (and in most cases the employer then even reimburses the costs for that second home office line).

@Fijo_Francis  schrieb:

Even my old contract was till April 2019 , now looks like it got automatically got extended till 2021.

That's usual if you don't cancel in time. For contracts with an initial runtime of 24 months, the cancellation notice time is 3 months in advance to the end of that contract time. If no cancellation is received until that date, the contract is extended by further 12 months automatically.

So in your case, the cancellation should've been received by Vodafone the latest in January to be effective in April. As you didn't do it, the contract extended until April '21 (and you may cancel the earliest for that date if your cancellation is received by Vodafone until January '21).

Thanks @reneromann .

As my old connection contract was going to expire in April 2020 (mentioned wrongly in previous post as April 2019) and i wanted to extend automatically so i did not write a letter for cancellation.

I never asked for any second connection to Vodafone.

Vodafone guys only came to my home and told that they will replace my old connection with the new connection.

They told me to return the old router once i get the new router.  I never knew they will create a new account number with a altogether separate contract without cancelling the old one or did not mention to me about the same. As the service guys told its a replacement , i thought the same contract will continue.

So as mentioned by you in the previous post , i understand that i still can cancel the old connection by giving a letter. Is my understanding correct or will i have to pay money for both connection till 2021 ?

If you have not sent your cancellation in January (or the selling person on your behalf), then yes - your old contract will have extended automatically until April '21 and you have to pay for it until April '21 even if you send back the router now.

Same for a withdrawal notice of your new contract: If you signed the contract more than 14 days ago and were informed about your right to withdraw back at that time (even if you only received the new router now), the withdrawal period may already be over. So time does matter here also - in case the withdrawal period is over, you are also bound to this new contract...

Please note: I cannot see what exactly happened as I'm also only a customer. My answers are only based on the dates that you gave! Only a moderator here has insights into your customer profile(s) and can tell you what happened exactly.

Can you please help me with the moderator contact.

If i call the support center , its very difficult as mostly answered by non- english speaking agents.

Lars

Hi,

I'll take a look at it.

Please send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address by private message. Write me a short note here in the thread as soon as you have sent the PM.

Best regards

Lars

Hi @Lars ,

Thanks for the message. I have sent the details as requested in private message.

thanks

Fijo

Lars

Hi Fijo,

but the colleagues were really not so great at the consultation.

In order to sort things out, I terminated the contract under the old customer number as a gesture of goodwill on 18.04.2020. This would have been the regular end of the contract period. You will receive written confirmation of this in good time.

I hope you are happy with the solution.

Best regards

Lars