abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Internet stopped working for no reason
Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Last Friday, 2020/7/3, at 24:00, exactly at midnight, our DSL internet connection stopped suddently for no reason. Since then, the router's page gives the following diagnostic when trying to detect the problem.

Es besteht ein Problem mit der DSL-Kabelverbindung bei ca. 0 Metern. Bitte prüfen Sie Ihre Verkabelung zur DSL/Telefondose und eventuelle Hausverkabelung. Lässt sich der Fehler dabei nicht beheben, kontaktieren Sie Ihren DSL-Anbieter.

We have checked the DSL cable and the router and they both seem to be okay. They do not have any visible damages and are correctly connected to the right places. Besides, nobody was touching neither the router or the cable when they stopped working.

We at first expected the line to be temporarily down but it's been more than 24 hours already so it does not seem to be that. It should also not be an end of contract because the contract holds until 2022, all the payments are up to date and the payment day is the 11th of the month, not the 4th.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Norman ,

The technician was able to find the problem and everything is fixed now. I want to thank you for the great help you have given us during this week. I appreciate it greatly.

Cheers,

Asier

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten 8
Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Asier,

I'm sorry that your internet connection is no longer working. 😞

I measured your connection. The results tell me that the fault is not in our network. Can you please check the telephone socket, too? Is it intact or does it wobble, for example?  

If not. Try this please:

On a computer connected to the FRITZ! box, call up the address http://fritz.box or 169.254.1.1 in the Internet browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and then log in to the Fritzbox with the password you have assigned.

Set the controller for interference immunity (Störsicherheit) to "maximum performance", otherwise in some cases no DSL connection can be established:

Note:The interference immunity should only be adjusted if the DSL connection is interrupted occasionally (e.g. as a result of short-term faults in the DSL connection).

-Click on "Internet" in the user interface of the FRITZ! box.

-Click on "DSL Information" in the "Internet" menu.

-Click on the "Störsicherheit" tab. If the tab is not available for selection, the controller must be switched to "Extended view" (Erweitere Ansicht) in the "Logout field".

(bottom left at the bottom of the page)

-Click on the "Reset setting" (Einstellungen zurücksetzen) link.

The interference immunity is now automatically set to the "maximum performance".

If you have tried this and it doesn't work, you can call us (SMS you should have received) or you can contact us here again. 🙂

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your help.

The "Störsicherheit" was already set to maximum performance, and resetting the option did not change anything. Can we have a technician come and look at the problem? Or is there any other way of fixing it?

Best regards,

Asier

Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Norman,

Thanks for your help.

The "Störsicherheit" was already set to maximum performance, and resetting the option did not change anything. Can we have a technician come and look at the problem? Or is there any other way of fixing it?

Best regards,

Asier

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Asier,

all right. I've tested the connection again and I can't fix it from here. I'll send you a tech.The fastest appointment would be on 09.07. between 2 pm & 8 pm or on 10.07. between 8 am - 2 pm.

Which one would be ok for you?

Best regards

Norman

Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Norman ,

09.07. between 2 pm & 8 pm would be perfect. After 5 pm would be ideal but if that's not possible we will adapt. Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Asier

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Asier,

perfect. I booked you the appointment. I'm afraid we can't narrow down the time frame. That's what the Telekom requires. 😞

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the line will be back on quickly.

Best regards

Norman

Asier
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Norman ,

The technician was able to find the problem and everything is fixed now. I want to thank you for the great help you have given us during this week. I appreciate it greatly.

Cheers,

Asier

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Asier,

Thanks for the feedback & you're welcome. 🙂 I am very happy to read that everything is going well now. I hope the internet connection remains stable now.

I marked the solution here and closed the post. Have a nice sunday. Smiley (fröhlich)

Best regards

Norman