abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet doesn't work since 10 days, telekom guy doesnt show up, maybe broken router?
rshida
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

hi!

i have a vodafone dsl contract since 7 years, before i was with "arcor". i tried to register with my online registrationcode i received 7 years ago, but it says "doesnt exist". so i have to ask my question here with a guest account.

since 10 days my internet doesn' work.

i called the support 10 days ago and after checking the connection they decided to call a telekom technician to look after the connection (because the support couldnt access my router from their side i believe).

the first telekom appointment was on 8.5., noone came. then second appointment was on 11.5., noone came. then the third appointment was today (14.5.) and again noone came. i had to take 3 days of precious vacation days from my job, and it was all for nothing.

today i havent even received the usual text message saying "sorry we couldnt show up, please call us for a new appointment". nothing. i tried the vodafone support instead, and the guy from the support was very rude to me and told me "you have to wait for the answer from telekom" and then kicked me out of the line without any more words. that was really shocking for a customer that is with vodafone for 7 years!

so now i am sitting here, no internet, and i am not "allowed" to call the vodafone support, because they kick me out of the line. thats so weird and really frsutrating...

in the meantime a friend of mine, who has a better understanding of routers, checked my router (a very old "easybox 803a" and in his opinion the router is broken because it gets into a "rebooting loop". so if i turn it on, the power light is first red for 10seconds, then all lights are on for 1second, then the power light turns blue which indicates "problem during start of router". but then after another 50seconds the router rebbots itself and starts again withe the red light and so on... so its an endless "loop".

so if the router cant boot, of course the vodafone support is not able to connect it from their side, am i right? so it has nothing to do with the telekom cable.

we tried to reset the router (the support already told me to reset it 10 days ago, didnt work) and this time we had a notebook connected to the router with a lan cable. only with that setup we were able to then access the "recovery tool" via browser. the tool allows to update firmware, reboot and reset to factory settings. we tried all 3 things: update to latest firmware from vodafone webpage, reboot, and reset to factory settings. each step had no result, the router always went back into that "rebooting loop". so after googling a lot and finding people with similar problems, we are pretty sure that the router is broken (maybe no surprise, because it is 7 years old...). so actually we would like to get a new router from vodafone, but at the moment they dont "allow" us to call them because they wait for the (useless) appointment of the telekom guy.

as a longterm vodafone customer i am feeling really lost in this case. it seems that noone from vodafone cares.

any ideas here what to do? similar problems maybe?

any suggestion is very welcome 🙂

thanks,

raquel

5 Antworten 5
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi rshida,

welcome to the Vodafone Community!

I'm sorry that you can not use your DSL connection.

If the modem is defective and it still has warranty it will be replaced for free.

If the modem is older than 2 years you can buy one by your own or change to a current tariff and order the EasyBox 804 for free rent.

In both scenarios my colleagues get back to you as soon as they receive the reply from the Telekom technician.

Until then I just ask for your patience.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

hi jens,

thanks for your reply 🙂

we will test a newer easybox tonite and hope it works.

yesterday late night the support sent a message that they want to make a new appointment with the telekom technician (thats the 4th appointment then...). we will contact them after we know the testresults with the new easybox. maybe a new appointment is not necessary. i HOPE, because those appointments seem to go nowhwere and only cause frustration on all sides...

another question please:

is there any way i can register my contract with my/this "my vodafone" account?

i received an "online registrationcode" 7 years ago when i switched from arcor to vodafone. but that code doesn't work anymore.

so maybe i need a new registrationcode?

thank you,

raquel 🙂

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rshida,

Please send me a pm with the following data:

1.       Link to this post

2.       Your customer or landline number

3.       Your personal customer password

I’ll check your account, create a new online registration code and will give you a reply as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Nosh

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

hi guys,

thanks a lot, we managed to fix the problem by ourselves.

but good to see that some vodafone supports at least try to help, thanks 🙂

we fixed the problem by simply replacing the old 803 easybox with a newer 804 easybox. that one worked straight away without a single problem. so i was really lucky that i had a friend who felt confident with his "diagnosis" and told me that he is sure the router is broken and there is absolutely no problem with the telekom line. without this friend, the vodafone support would have tried to send me a telekom technician for maybe another 2 weeks with more wasted vacation days because of broken appointments. my friend called the support after we had fixed the problem and canceled the support ticket. the guy from the support was a bit surprised that we fixed it with the new router...

i dont want to make a big "complaint" out of this. i just suggest that the telephone support tries to do a better job. sending a telekom technician should really be the LAST solution if NOTHING else worked. and a broken router is clearly something that is so simple that the support should have guessed that. also i suggest that the telephone support doesnt kick customers out of the telephone call, just because a customer tries to suggest that maybe the first "diagnosis" of the support was wrong and maybe there is an easier solution.

thanks everyone, case is closed.

raquel

Andre

Hi rshida,

thanks for your feedback.

I'm glad that everything is working fine now.
Normally our system should recognize a possible router defect & offer an swap before a technician.

I'm sorry that this did not work properly in your case.

I'll close this thread.

Best regards,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!