abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Help with contract termination - Moving back home
cdvmty
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I have internet services with Vodafone but at the end of December I will move back home in Mexico.

I called customer services earlier today but the person on the phone spoke very little English and told me that my contract expires on Nov. 2, 2019 but since the cancellation date has already passed then the contract was renewed for another year and there was nothing that can be done.

Now, I am aware of the German Telecommunication Law that allows me to terminate this type of contracts when I'm moving to a place where the company cannot provide the same service but again, the person on the phone said that was not possible since the contract was already automatically renewed.

With that in mind, and given the poor service I got on the phone today, I was hoping someone could help me clarify what can I do to 1) make my contract end on December 31, 2019 and 2) not have to pay anything more than I have to pay.

Thanks,

Carlos

5 Antworten 5
Díaz_de_Vivar
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Buenos noches @cdvmty 

The German Telecommnication law says, you can cancel the contract, but you have to pay 3 months longer. This means, your contract ends 31.march 2020

Un saludo 

Thanks for the reply. I called the customer service again and the woman on the phone told me she couldn't cancel the contract because the law is quite complicated. So, I guess I will just call every day until they agree to cancel the contract.

Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi cdvmty,

we need your notice in written form. You can simply use our contact form for this purpose: http://www.vod.af/DSLKuendigung

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Jens,

Thank you for replying. If I complete that form will the contract be cancelled on the specific date that I request?

According to the telecommunication law, I can cancel the contract but you will charge me 3 additional months, is that correct?

And, do I need to send some proof that I will leave the country permanently?

Thanks for your help.

Jens-K

Hi cdvmty,

if you tell us that you are leaving Germany and the exact date, the contract will end at this day.

You will receive a final invoice after that for the additional 3 months.

You will receive a confirmation. If any proof is needed my colleagues will ask via e-mail for it.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!