abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

EasyBox 804 dropping connection, missing info for reset
Margot3
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan
Hi all,

Apologies for the English, but Wi-Fi issues unfortunately go beyond the limits of my German!

My flat uses an EasyBox 804 router and DSL cable. No internet issues for months. Last week, however, I kept losing the connection on both of my devices. Rebooting the router retrieved the connection maybe one out of every four times, and the connection held anywhere from 30 seconds to a few hours afterward if it did connect. I checked the dsl and power cords to ensure they are plugged in and restarted my devices, but they are having no trouble connecting to other Wi-Fi networks. Since my router name doesn’t even show up as an option in my Wi-Fi network list when the connection is lost and those of my neighbors’ consistently do, I don’t think it’s an issue with my building, either.

During one longer period of connection, I was able to get into the router settings online. I was asked to renew the certificate and did so successfully, checked for firmware updates, and switched to 5GHz. After the connection eventually dropped again, I attempted to reset through the reset button on the router (to no avail) then reset online once I could get a connection again the next day. When my reset network finally appeared, it dropped the connection multiple times before I could connect long enough to begin the activation process...only to realize I don’t have the MIC to activate it.

Provided my landlord doesn’t still have the welcome letter with the MIC, how should I obtain it, and if the connection was still disrupted after the hard reset for several hours, should I assume the reset even worked? I have had no success with Vodafone over the phone- no requests for “service” or “English” get me to an English support line or even a German language representative. The closest I got was a rep on a different service line who could only give me the correct number to call. I would stumble through the automated prompts if possible, but i don’t have German cell number, and when I attempt to enter my American number in any variety of ways, it seems to say it’s an invalid number. Is there a number on the router I could plug in? There’s no landline here, though I am using the Vodafone network (with data roaming on) when I call from my US cell.

If you’ve made it to the end of this essay, thank you for reading- any suggestions would be appreciated!
3 Antworten 3
Nesquik
Royal-Techie
Royal-Techie

Hey @Margot3

welcome to our community and thanks for your first contribution.

Just for my acknowledge you recon that the connection intermittent drop, is that correct?

I can imagine and I know by myself how annoying this can be if the connection drop whem I'm watching a movie, so I know from what point you are coming from.

I would like to clarify your situation first. 

First of all I would like to know how your devices are connected - using wifi or ethernet?

It would be an expected behavior if settings has been changed and the connection drop as a new setting is set and you would have to wait your devices reconnect to your network.

I guess as there changes has been made I'd recommend to restore the device to factory settings and set up as new. Please have a look into your documents you should find the MIC to activate the device and etablish a connection. Who is the owner of the contract, you or your landlord?

I appreciate your time.

Kind regards,

Nesquik

We are here to help.
Margot3
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan
Thanks so much for your reply-

My devices were connected over Wi-Fi; to my knowledge, no settings had been changed when the devices began to drop the connection. It wasn’t merely that my laptop would show myself as being connected to the WiFi but pages wouldn’t load- the WiFi signal would go out, and I’d find that my Wi-Fi network had completely disappeared from the list of options.

Because you need to be connected to WiFi simply to access the router settings, it’s been difficult to access. I’ve had to repeatedly reboot or wait for the WiFi to reappear by chance, log into the router and go into expert mode, and reconfigure the settings as advised on the Vodafone website before the connection gets dropped again.

I have done a hard reset, but even after resetting, the WiFi network associated with my easy box would not appear, or the connection would drop before I could type in the original password.

The contract is with my landlord, which is the issue- the router was in the apartment before I was, and I do not have any of the original documents associated with it, which is why I cannot enter in the MIC to complete the router restart when I do connect now. I only have the information included directly on the router, and if the MIC is on the router, it is not listed as such.

I have contacted the landlord to see if they kept the original documents, but in the event they have not, I have tried to contact Vodafone by phone to see if a rep could provide it. However, I am not fluent in German and therefore cannot understand most of the prompts. I know they are asking for a cellphone number, but I do not know the original phone number used when the router was set up, and my (American) number has not been accepted by the prompts.

Until I can access the MIC and re-activate the router, I do not know if the restart will fix the problem. Given that the network still only appears intermittently and the router does not consistently indicate it has connected to WLAN/Internet (or I assume that’s the case, as the lights underneath those labels will either turn red or not turn on at all, even after reboots), I am worried the reset will not be enough.

Hope this clarifies my situation. Thanks so much again for your help!
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Margot3,

welcome to the Vodafone Community!

I will send the MIC to.

Please send a private message. Click on my avatar -> Diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht senden.

I need your name, your customer number and your customer password.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!