abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Changing the internet supplier
Mas6
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

I'm trying to change my internet suppiler from 1&1 to Vodafone, and I have already ordered a DSL plan on Vodafone website on 25th Sep 2020. 

I'm carrying over my landline number so I thought that I didn't need to cancel my current contract with 1&1 by myself. But I recieved a meesage from Vodafone saying that my current contract with 1&1 terminates on 21.09.2021, I guess that means that my contract with Vodafone can't start untill then. The notice period for my contract with 1&1 is supposed to be 3 months, so I thought I could get Vodafone network in 3 months. Did I need to give 1&1 notice first then order a plan with Vodafone afterwards?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

You are bound to your old contract.

In case that one has a notice period of 3 months and the contractual term ended in September 2020, your cancellation (or Vodafone cancelling on your behalf) would've needed to be received at latest in June 2020 (3 months before the contractual term ended).

In case you did not opt for the contract with Vodafone in time -or- in case you did not cancel by yourself in time, your contract with 1&1 will automatically extend as contractually agreed upon. There is no way that Vodafone can interfere with this - as you agreed on that terms with 1&1 as you signed the contract with 1&1.

And yes, you are correct, your contract with Vodafone will not start before that date. There is also no option now for you to speed this up - as your contract with 1&1 seems to have extended for another year as contractually agreed upon.

So just to be precise for most of the contracts: You have the option to cancel the contract to the end of the contractual term with a notice period of 3 months to that end - if you miss to do so, the contract extends itself for another year. So simply said, you have the option to cancel the contract once per year right now - and it seems you missed that opportunity and thus are bound to your current contract for another year.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

You are bound to your old contract.

In case that one has a notice period of 3 months and the contractual term ended in September 2020, your cancellation (or Vodafone cancelling on your behalf) would've needed to be received at latest in June 2020 (3 months before the contractual term ended).

In case you did not opt for the contract with Vodafone in time -or- in case you did not cancel by yourself in time, your contract with 1&1 will automatically extend as contractually agreed upon. There is no way that Vodafone can interfere with this - as you agreed on that terms with 1&1 as you signed the contract with 1&1.

And yes, you are correct, your contract with Vodafone will not start before that date. There is also no option now for you to speed this up - as your contract with 1&1 seems to have extended for another year as contractually agreed upon.

So just to be precise for most of the contracts: You have the option to cancel the contract to the end of the contractual term with a notice period of 3 months to that end - if you miss to do so, the contract extends itself for another year. So simply said, you have the option to cancel the contract once per year right now - and it seems you missed that opportunity and thus are bound to your current contract for another year.

Thank you for the clear information.

So now, is that possible to cancel the contract with Vodapfone that hasn't even started?

@Mas6  schrieb:

So now, is that possible to cancel the contract with Vodapfone that hasn't even started?

Not that I'm aware of. Anyhow as far as I know, you won't be charged any fees until the contract starts...