abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Changing the Internet over DSL provider
Vinay1989
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

This is Vinay Kumar. I am a new vodofone customer (***). I recently wanted to change Internet over DSL provider from O2 to vodofone and I inititated the process after knowing that vodofone takes care of the transfer. I got an email last week stating as below

"The termination date with your current provider is more than 80 days in the future. Therefore we have to
wait before we can continue to process your order with us."

1. Does this mean I have to wait such a long time without internet?

2. If Vodofone provides me the internet in next couple of days, then should I be paying the O2 till the provider gets transferred?

It would be really bad if I have to pay both vodofone and O2 as I went with the decision of changing the provider as there will be smooth transfer and I don't have to pay both the providers. Please let me know what's actually gonna happen

Edit: Order number removed 

4 Antworten 4
Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinay1989,

welcome to vodafone. 🙂

We cancel the contract and we'll take the line at the regular end of your contract with o2. We can not terminate the contract earlier. The remaining term is too long. That is the reason why the change is now in a kind of waiting loop.

Q1: Are you moved into an other flat? What is the problem with o2? Normally you can use the landline as before.

Q2: If there is no 2nd landline available it is not possible to activate. If yes you still have two contracts and you must cancel o2 by yourself. You don't have to pay both when you still wait.

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello Norman,

Thanks for the reply. I have moved to the new apartment and I haven't opted for the O2 move to the new apartment thinking I could change to the new provider as I wasn't satisfied with the service by O2. Currently I don't have any Internet at home. Could you please let me know whether it is possible for the vodofone to process the order?

Best regards

Vinay

Hello Norman,

My termination date is in the year 2022. Does that mean I have to wait till that date for the vodofone to process the order? As I read while choosing the vodofone dsl, it said it can process the order even if I am contractually bound to my previous DSL partner. Could you please let me know something I can work out quickly so that I have internet at home? 

Best regards,

Vinay

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinay,

ah ok. You will move into a new apartment. That was the important information. We can only take over the landline from o2 if you stay in the same apartment.

The line in the new apartment is probably not yet free from the previous tenant. Send me a private message with the order number. I will take a look at it.

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!