Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Sicherheitspaket - Being charged without consent
Yang21
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello my name is Yang (customer number XXX and I've received my bill this month with "Sicherheitspaket" charges.

I've been very careful with the terms and conditions with translation and did not agree for this " security package ". I called but English is not supported over the phone. Can your team please cancel it and retract the charges for a service I did not agree on?

Thank you.

Regards,

Yang

Edit: Customer number removed for data security. Please do not post personal data open. Thank you.

5 Antworten 5
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

You have received a written order confirmation that also includes the security package. You should have canceled this in writing or by telephone before the end of the test period. Therefore, no refund will be possible. Submit the cancellation via the contact form in MeinVodafone or by email, then it will be terminated as soon as possible.

Dear Torsten,

Thank you for the reply, appreciate the swift action compared to other channels I've been trying to reach (English speaker, so there are so many times people hung up on me). I have emailed kunderservice@unitymedia.de on 23/07/2021 and today, 26/07/2021 to cancel this. So far there's no reply email indicating that it is canceled or not.

While I understand it is out of your control change the order confirmation that sneakily include the secutiry package, I would appreciate if you can highlight to your sales team that clients like me do not appreciate this type of "forced" sales. 

I will bite the bullet for the first charge, but if the following month I get the same thing again, I would complain again.

Thank you again, hope we can build a better world for the community without so many red tapes.

Regards,
Yang

R4mona
Moderator:in

Hi Yang21,

As @Torsten has already explained to you, the security package is listed in the order confirmation. It also says that it will not cost you any money for the first two months. From the third month onwards it will be charged. Verlegener Smiley

Have you received a reply to your email in the meantime?

Kind regards
R4mona

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Dear R4mona,

I've already replied. The whole contract was in German (and the font is so small Google Lens cannot really translate).
Not so user friendly the contract for new comers to Germany.

Anyway, lesson learnt. Hope in the future this can become more transparent and simplified.

R4mona

Hey Yang21,

thank you for your feedback and I will forward it internally accordingly.

If you have any further problems, please feel free to contact us here at any time.

Kind regards

R4mona

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!