Frage

Antwort

Lösung

lower internet speed than contract
arifroni
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello

I took a new contract (250Mbps) 3 weeks ago. and since day 1 I keep getting ~150Mbps. Upload is also not according to contract. 8Mbps instead of 25Mbps. Wifi6 router from vodafone is in bridge mode. My Unifi UDM is connected with the vodafone modem/router. I did the speed test from my UDM and also from a desktop wired to router. Both cases i see same results.

chrome_2021-10-26_10-19-29.png

When i make speedtest from vodafone, i get following results.

mstsc_2021-10-26_10-36-42.png

14 Antworten 14
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi arifroni,

is the bandwidth too low after a certain time and does anything change if you disconnect our modem from the power supply for 3 minutes?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

bandwidth is always same as i mentioned. very constant at 150Mbps. today I unplugged the router for 10 minutes and after that its still same, no change.

Claudia

Hello arifroni,

in which federal state do you live? Are your devices capable of the 250 MBit/s speed?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

I am in Bayern. 

Yes, the devices are being used for speed tests, are capable of 250Mbps. In fact, my previous contract had a 200Mbps connection and I got 200Mbps. I am using the same devices to test now. 

ERFD

Hello arifroni,

do you get more bandwidth with a good WLAN connection or does it stay at 150 MBit/s? Is the connection via LAN directly at the modem better without your router?

Best regards Fred

arifroni
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi fred 

Sorry for the massive delay. I was super busy and actually forgot that I had a problem. I upgraded my contract to 1000Mbps from my 250mbps connection. And I noticed the problem still exists. I always get 150mbps max.

I want to connect a laptop directly to my Vodafone modem and test the speed. But I have bridge mode enabled. I have been calling hotline since morning 4 times and one said she'd do it but never did and others didnt understand me. By the way i cant also turn off bridge mode from website, it says 

Lieber Kunde ein Fehler ist aufgetreten.
Wir kümmern uns bereits um die Behebung. Sollte diese Meldung länger als zwei Tage sichtbar sein, wendest Du Dich bitte an unsere kostenlose Service Hotline 0800-27 87 000*.

* Täglich kostenfrei von 7:30 bis 22 Uhr erreichbar.

Anyway, would it be possible for you to turn off my bridge mode so that i can try connecting my laptop to the modem test the internet speed?

Thanks

Roni

I recommend to install once the app from speedtest.net because the website-based speedtests are not realy working fine (my experience). It does not matter which of the web-based speedtest i use (VF, dtag, speedmeter, ...) they never reach my max speed of 1GBitb/s - result is allway far below!

Using the desktop-app from speedmeter or some website with download file is more precise and in most cases about 1GBit/s will be found.

ERFD

Hello arifroni,

You can test your PC directly at the modem also in bridge mode. Please connect only this one device via LAN to port 1 and disconnect the modem from power for 1 minute. Then a public IP address should be assigned via DHCP.

Regards Fred

arifroni
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks for the tip. This leads me to solve the issue :).

I connected my laptop to the router and it is near 1000Mbps :O.

then I connected my router as before and back to again 150Mbps. Then I googled and found an automatic setting of the smart queue from my UDM causing this. To my utter surprise I saw dl is set to 150 and upload to 8Mbps. I changed them back to my tariff and voila, it's now close to my tariff!

Thanks for bearing with me. I am glad its solved now. Here are some results.

from my UDM router

chrome_2022-03-04_12-48-26.png

from speedtest app on windows (connected to my router with ethernet)

mstsc_2022-03-04_12-49-40.png

vodafone speedtest from same windows machine

mstsc_2022-03-04_12-52-29.png

I noticed that upload speed is not so close to the tariff. Is it normal?