abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

cant mail back the modem for now
Amir_ziarati
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

i lived in Germany for a while and i had a vodafone DSL internet. i left the country some months a go to live in canada. i i canced my contract before checked i i ieave the country and by the time i was leaving (early November 2019) i cheked my vodafone profile and there hadnt heen mentioned that i had to return any device. but now that i check it wants the modem back. i thought i paid to own the modem every month. right now modem is my locker in germany alongwith some other furniture but i dont have access to it untill i come back to germany in 4-5 months. i have the modem but i dont have access to it and received an email that i will be charged 100€ for that.

i trued to contact your service multiple times but no body talked english to me (though they did fluently when wanted to sell me the service). please some body help me what i should do ? why didnt you tell me to return device before i leave the country ? i know you had to charge me 3 months extra but you could at leas tell me you want the modem back since you know when i leave the country since you asked me every little document to make sure im leaving. i am really **piep**ed by your service and i at least need you to be nice with me in this issue. give me more time so i can return the modem.

8 Antworten 8
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

As @Nancy already pointed out in your old thread:

You have been informed as you signed the contract that rental devices have to be returned within 14 days after ending the contract. There is NO extension of this period - if you are not able to do so, you will be charged 100 € and you may keep the device then.

This information may also be found in your cancellation confirmation (together with a letter that should be enclosed with the router return) - but as you have written before, as you left Germany and then cancelled the contract afterwards, it may be that if you did not request a mail forwarding, that this confirmation letter has never received you due to the postal services not being able to deliver the mail to your old address.

And as already pointed out: The monthly payment is NOT for buying the router but only a service fee/rental fee.

Buying the router is only possible if you buy it with the complete one-time charge at the beginning of the contract - there is (and was) no monthly payment to buy over time available.

Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Amir_ziarati,

as Nancy and reneromann already mentioned, our routers must be sent back after the contract. This info is stated in our cancellation confirmations.

We can't extend the return periods by several months. It could be done by one or two weeks, but not by four or more months.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

yea i knew all this. thats why i opened a question in help section to ask for help. if you dont wanna care about what customer wants and want to do whatever is in your contract whats the use of this forum ? your contract was all in German and i dont know what it was.

you are the worst company when it comes to customer service. i am an  Android developer and i will talk about this in my talks in next android Berlin conference this year and will let everyone know about how aweful your customer service is. i think generally most German companies do not have a good customer service and yours is by far the worst.

you earn 100€ here for modem and you earned 150€ charging me 3 months extra when i already had left germany (while you didnt talk about it when i was buying service and you said cancelling is totally ok and there is no penalty) . you earned all this money but with your aweful customer service you will lose alot more than this loosing your customers.

Do whatever you want, but please consider that:

a) you have been informed with your contract details, that you have to send back any rental devices in time. If you don't comply with this contractual part, it's only your fault that you are charged 100 €.

b) The 3 months payment is in accordance with the German telecommunications law. Be happy that this addition was made a few years ago as -in accordance to what the high court ruled- a movement does not constitute any right for a premature cancellation as it is in the sole responsibility of the customer. Before the addition with that 3 months in the telecommunications law, you could legally have been charged the monthly payment until the minimum contractual term is over (which is usually a much longer period than those 3 months).

And just one remark from my side: It is illegal to publish (known) lies about persons or companies - this can be punished by law. So if you want to talk about your experience, stick to the reality and state, that it was your fault that you haven't sent back the rental device in time -and- that the 3 months chargement is in accordance to the German telecommunications law.

i dont want to get back to the point that you dont talk with your customer like this. customer acts upon how you talked to him. not all customers are lawers. 

your guys lied to me when they sold me the product. they said you can cancel anytime. i told them the fisrt day i wont be in germany for 2 years and they said its ok we cancel your service with no extra fee. i dont care what german contract you made me sign i iont have time to read a hundred line of german contract as a normal user.

you asked me for documents to see if im actually leaving the country and i sent you the documents. if you cared about customer you would know that im leaving at the end of november and you would show the device in return list in your website from the moment contract was canceled not after 3 months that i already left the country.

again deer vodafone you have a long way to learn what is customer satisfication. not 2 days ago when i called Amazon being frustrated about why my return package hasnt arrived to their warehouse they return all of my money with no hesitate. they didnt talk about contract or law because i would but from another service next time if they didnt answer me.

respect your customer so they bring you new customers. and dont respect and they talk the world about it. your customer service simply *piep* and i think this forum is useless and you are paid for nothin cuz u are making customers run away rather than helping them.

thats why US has the biggest companies in the world. cuz they value their customers.

if you dont want to give your customers an english contract dont serve english speaking people. if you can not communicate with english people to stop them from misunderstanding dont sell to them. you cant have it both ways. they day you wanna sell all of you are fluen speakers but your contract is german and you dojt have any english speaker line to help me.  its iike selling to a blind person and then tricking them just because they dont see. there are may ways to trick people legally .....

and dont worry i will tell the truth and i will send the video here in forum tagging you in some weeks. you are horrible enough and dont need to be lied about 🙂

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

i dont want to get back to the point that you dont talk with your customer like this. customer acts upon how you talked to him. not all customers are lawers. 

You don't need to be a lawyer - but you should read and understand what you sign.

If you don't understand what you sign, then it's solely your problem if there are parts in the contract that you signed, that you didn't want. But you should already know this...

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

your guys lied to me when they sold me the product. they said you can cancel anytime. i told them the fisrt day i wont be in germany for 2 years and they said its ok we cancel your service with no extra fee. i dont care what german contract you made me sign i iont have time to read a hundred line of german contract as a normal user.

Sorry, but this is pure Bullsh.. - and you know this. If you sign a contract, you agree upon ALL the contents of the contract - no matter if you "don't have time to read a hundred line of german contract as normal user" or not. Same if you sign a contract which sole contractual language is German and don't ask a translator in case you don't understand it. It's your sole obligation to make clear what you sign BEFORE you sign.

And there is no "additional fee" that you had to pay - the "fee" is no extra fee but the regular monthly payment according to the German telecommunications law. And as I doubt that you'll have any additional written consent on that you don't have to pay these 3 months on leaving Germany, they are charged as in accordance to the German law. It was up to you to sign up for a contract with a shorter term (e.g. with a monthly term) - but you chose to make a contract with a 24 months minimum term.

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

you asked me for documents to see if im actually leaving the country and i sent you the documents. if you cared about customer you would know that im leaving at the end of november and you would show the device in return list in your website from the moment contract was canceled not after 3 months that i already left the country.

a) Your contract states that you have to send back any rental device within 14 days from the day the contract is cancelled - without any extra notice.

b) Your cancellation confirmation (again) contains a part that says that you're required to send back any rental devices in time

You only get the invoice / warning to pay if you already have missed the period - that you were told within your original contract documents AND your cancellation confirmation.

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

again deer vodafone you have a long way to learn what is customer satisfication. not 2 days ago when i called Amazon being frustrated about why my return package hasnt arrived to their warehouse they return all of my money with no hesitate. they didnt talk about contract or law because i would but from another service next time if they didnt answer me.

One small thing that is different: Amazon can track your parcel and see if it has been sent. And in case the parcel is lost or damaged, they can ask the postal service for a refund - so no need to hold back your money.

If you would have already sent back the device and kept the parcel slip showing that you sent the device back, it'd be much easier for Vodafone to not charge you any money and/or reimburse that 100 € for the router. But if you haven't sent back the rental devices, why should Vodafone wait for multiple months (maybe forever in case you don't return the devices at all)?

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

respect your customer so they bring you new customers. and dont respect and they talk the world about it. your customer service simply *piep* and i think this forum is useless and you are paid for nothin cuz u are making customers run away rather than helping them.

Wait - you really try to tell that it's Vodafones fault, that YOU did not comply with the contractual obligations?

And by the way: Most people here in this forum are customers and NOT paid by (or anyhow related to) Vodafone - like me. I'm also "just" a customer, but I know that I have to adhere to contracts that I sign. And in case I would sign contracts in the US that contain rules that I miss to adhere to, I will NOT (try to) sue the company but will think about what I made wrong and what I can learn from it.

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

thats why US has the biggest companies in the world. cuz they value their customers.

Oh really? I'd say it's more because they don't really care about (European and Customer) rights as well as taxation. Have you tried to get support from Apple after their 12 months guarantee period has passed even though we have customer laws within Europe that require a two year warranty period? Apple just tells you that you have to pay for any repairs/replacements after 12 months - even if this directly against European laws.

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

if you dont want to give your customers an english contract dont serve english speaking people. if you can not communicate with english people to stop them from misunderstanding dont sell to them.

Why should Vodafone do so? You sign a contract which clearly states that sole contractual language is German - so by signing the contract, you agree on that. And as English is no official language in Germany at all, you cannot hope that there is any company making contracts in any other than the German language. If you want to make contracts in Germany and are not able to understand what you sign, it's your obligation to get a translator (obviously on your own expenses).

I can also not require a US company to serve me with a German contract (or Italian one) - they'll only let me have an English one (or maybe a Spanish or a French one depening on where you are in the US).

@Amir_ziarati  schrieb:

you cant have it both ways. they day you wanna sell all of you are fluen speakers but your contract is german and you dojt have any english speaker line to help me.

As I said: Read the contract you signed - you agreed by signing that the sole contractual language is German! Same for the support - support is given in the contractual language, support in any other language is only done on a best-effort base (which might also mean that there is no support except for the contractually agreed language at all).

Grit
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Amir_ziarati,

i'm sorry to tell you that the answers are not wrong and the customer service is not bad, just because we can't write you what you would like. The current situation has not been condemned by us. Apart from that, we are already accommodating, but as already written, this is not possible over many months. We cannot grant you your wish, I am sorry to say.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!