abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Wi-fi Router keeps on droping wi-fi network
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, 

I do not speak German, and I can not get passed the phone automated answering maching to reach Tech-Support.

I have been experiencing issues with my Vodafone Router. Out of the blue, the wi-fi network dissapears.

The wi-fi light on the modem/router turns off.

When this happens, if you connect via cable to the modem, and go into the settings, EVERYTHING related to the Wi-Fi is not there, that is to say, there are no wi-fi options as to manage thewifi networ.... It is as if the device looses it functionality.

Turning off- and on the device does not solve the problem. The only solucion is to do a factory reset, and then re-configure from scratch. 

If for some reason the modem looses its power conection, and restarts, this issue happens too... So it happens randomly and if you un-plug re-plug it.

The Modem is Vodafone TG3442DE. 

------

Another issue that I am experiencing with the Internet connection is that It never gets to the speed that I should have for my contract.

Hope you can help me here, since I went to the store were I got the service, and they said they could not help me there.

52 Antworten 52
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Magcus,

as far as I can see, you didn't order the WiFi option. That would explain why the settings are not available in the interface. You can check if it is booked in the customer portal.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi claudia... 

When I got the service I was explained at the retail office that it came with WIFI.

I can not see the details as you explained, as I could not add the contract yet (I already reached out to get the required information from you last week via email, but no luck yet...)

How can I go about not getting this option randomly removed from the router? As you can see in the screenshots, when you resetet it starts with the wifi, and then it disapears.... 

Also, any comments related to the speed of the conection? I am getting 20% of what I should be getting...

Thanks in advance, 

@Magcus  schrieb:

How can I go about not getting this option randomly removed from the router? As you can see in the screenshots, when you resetet it starts with the wifi, and then it disapears.... 

Hello,

if you do a reset the provisioning process starts after a short while. In this process your router will be set up by Vodafone and if Wifi is not included in your contract it will be removed.

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi RobwertP, 

I understand this... How can I go about getting this option added to my contract? 

Also, any comments on the Connection Speed?

Cheers!'

Claudia

Hello Magcus,

regarding the customer portal, did you register with your customer number and "Aktivierungscode", which can be found in the confirmation of order?

We can book the WiFi option for you, that makes 2,99€ per month.

About the speed, please give me some more information. Do you never ever get near the booked speed, regardless of the time of the day? As there is no WiFi I assume you checked the speed via ethernet, were you directly connected with the modem or do you have a switch or something else? Did you test with different devices?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

Yes I tried with two different laptops. I get different results, but I would say the average is around 220Mb/s.

The most that I ever got is 500 Mb/s (this was during the firsts feew weeks of having the service), and now the highest that I get is around those 220Mb/s.

Whenever I did the tests, I was connected via ethernet to the modem itself.

I should have 1Gb/s.

Regarding the customer portal, I never received the order confirmation, and I went throug all the papers from you, and it looks like I never got this.

Cheers!'

Claudia

Hello Magcus,

you should get an e mail with a copy of the confirmation of order. I did some research and found that there is a known issue that may occur with the Arris router. A new firmware is needed to fix this behaviour, unfortunately at the moment it is unknown when it will be available. So the only solution right now is a downgrade to 400 MBit/s, according to tests this bandwidth can be reached when this tariff is booked. Shall we arrange everything for the downgrade?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia, 

I much rather get a router that supports the speed that I have on my contract.

The option that you are offering is for me to have 60% less speed than promised, and I do not think that is a good option. 

Could you send me a router that supports the proper speed?

Cheers!'

@Magcus  schrieb:

Claudia, 

I much rather get a router that supports the speed that I have on my contract.

The option that you are offering is for me to have 60% less speed than promised, and I do not think that is a good option. 

Could you send me a router that supports the proper speed?

Cheers!'

Speed problem is not related to your router.

I have the same router and speed is OK.

Claudia

Hello Magcus,

you may book the HomeBox 4 (Fritzbox 6591) which is capable of 1 GBit/s. It costs 6.99€ per month, WiFi is included. There is a one time fee for the exchange, which is 29.99€.

Kind regards,

Claudia