abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Wi-fi Router keeps on droping wi-fi network
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, 

I do not speak German, and I can not get passed the phone automated answering maching to reach Tech-Support.

I have been experiencing issues with my Vodafone Router. Out of the blue, the wi-fi network dissapears.

The wi-fi light on the modem/router turns off.

When this happens, if you connect via cable to the modem, and go into the settings, EVERYTHING related to the Wi-Fi is not there, that is to say, there are no wi-fi options as to manage thewifi networ.... It is as if the device looses it functionality.

Turning off- and on the device does not solve the problem. The only solucion is to do a factory reset, and then re-configure from scratch. 

If for some reason the modem looses its power conection, and restarts, this issue happens too... So it happens randomly and if you un-plug re-plug it.

The Modem is Vodafone TG3442DE. 

------

Another issue that I am experiencing with the Internet connection is that It never gets to the speed that I should have for my contract.

Hope you can help me here, since I went to the store were I got the service, and they said they could not help me there.

52 Antworten 52
Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello Magcus,

do you already have any feedback from the property management? Is access possible?

Best regards

Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Moni_GK,

We should be good to go with the access to the Vodafone box in the building. 

Let us arrange the visit,

Cheers!'

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Magcus,

the technician will call you to arrange an appointment.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

pRo-Marco, 

I had the Technician over yesterday. he changed again the router, and checked the signal. It all seems to be physically OK. What he said is that aparently the contract that I should have is not active for some reason.

What will the next steps be?

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Hey,

thanks for the feedback, so, what kind of device did you use on our device? Does it support more then 100MBit? Did you check that?

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, 

All the tests were done with two laptops (one macbook pro and one windows). So with an iphone. All of these can handle the speed.

The technitian said that there was some problem with the contract. 

So again, I'm supposed to be getting 1Gb / s and I'm always below 40% of that. For example right now I have a connection speed of 100Mb / s. This represents 10% of what I should be getting. 

Do not you have access to the technical notes?

What is the next step? There is nothing I can do from my side, but the service speed is still way below what's on my contract. Are you not going to hold your side of the contract? Because of this has been going on for some time now and we are getting nowhere.

What steps are you going to take to Mitigate the issue? And what steps are you going to take to fix it?

Cheers! '

@Magcus  schrieb:

So again, I'm supposed to be getting 1Gb / s and I'm always below 40% of that. For example right now I have a connection speed of 100Mb / s. This represents 10% of what I should be getting. 

MB_MBit.JPG

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

What you are saying is that I miss expresed the units. I am well aware that 8 bit is 1 byte. I did pass Computer architecture when studing to become a Systems Engineer... When someone says MB is saying MegaBytes and when someone says Mb is saying Megabits.

So, I was explicitly saying Megabits.

Here is the result from my last test that I mentioned in my previous message. https://www.speedtest.net/result/i/3473383624

Also, the question arises: why did I have a technitian at my place? We already went trought this with him. And he got to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the contract and that you would have to reach out to me again. Do you have access to his notes?

Again, what are the Mitigation and Solution steps for this?

Cheers!'

Hello Magcus,

sorry but I don't want to annoy you! I only want to make clear that 100 MB/s are 800Mbit/s Smiley (fröhlich)

Greetings Robert

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

RobertP, 

I understand that. I was trying to state that the contract is for 1Gigabit, and I am getting 100 megabits. 

And I waited for more than a week for someone to get back to me on this, and still nothing seems to be moving. 

That is why I insist on Mitigation and Solution. I need this to be addressed ASAP. As this is not a 1 week thing. 

I created this thread over 1 month ago (the problem pre-dates this thread even) and I keep on paying for a service that I am not getting.

Cheers!'