abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Vodafone "design" router restarts several times a day
onlywhen
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Die Sache ist die,

Mir wurde heute gesagt, dass der englische technische Support von Vodafone hier ist. 
Der Router, den ich von Vodafone erhalten habe, funktioniert nicht. Um genau zu sein, startet er 6-7 Mal am Tag neu, oft mitten in einem WFH-Anruf, was die Erfahrung schrecklich macht. 
Ich brauche Vodafone, um meinen Router so schnell wie möglich zu ersetzen, aber da das Callcenter von Vodafone nur auf Englisch arbeitet, fordere ich dies hier an. 
- Ja, ich habe den Router neu gestartet, den Stecker gezogen und das Kabel sowohl in der Wand als auch am Gerät wieder angeschlossen - das Problem tritt immer wieder auf. 

Ich freue mich auf Hilfe

-------

Here is the thing,

I was told today that Vodafone's English technical support is here. 
The router I received from Vodafone is not working. To be precise, it restarts 6-7 times a day often in the middle of a WFH call, making the experience terrible. 
I need Vodafone to replace my router asap, but since their call center is only English i am requesting this here. 
- Yes, I restarted, unplugged, reconnected the cable both in the wall and on the device - the issue keeps happening. 

Looking forward to receive help

14 Antworten 14
Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello onlywhen,

what kind of contract and cable router do you use and in which province do you live ?

Many greetings, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Martin,

Mein Tarif: Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable

Router: Vodafone TG3442DE (provided by Vodafone. 
Addresse:  Berlin 

Also, just for simplicity, I attached the ping tracker's records from today. You can see how not normal it is. 

Hi there,

SO, what is the solution?
The phone center keeps hanging up the phone on me as I do not speak good enough german and they send me to this forum a sthe english support site.
Please help,

Martin59

Hello onlywhen,

when was the last time the router was restarted?

How does the cable router behave when the connection is lost? Is any LED flashing then? How are your devices connected to the router, via LAN or W-LAN?

Many greetings, Martin

Hi,

My original answer seems to got lost so rewriting it. 

All my devices are connected via W-Lan. 

There are two ways the internet goes away.
First, the more common one, the router restarts. Completely all LEDs go dark, then slowly one - by - one from the bottom the LEDs blink then stabilize. Sometimes, after such restart, I have to restart it by turning off then on as the internet does not return. 

Other times, the internet goes away while all 4 LEDs are stable and nothing visible changes on the Router, but all my devices loose connection. 

Please let me know what can be done like this way this internet is barely usable. 

Hi @Martin59 ,

I would like to know what is going on as my router keeps turning off and while i supposed to have 1gb internet service I am unable to do zoom calls as the internet keeps cutting. 

The router has been restarted by me about 20 times just this last 7 days and it restarted itself about 40 times or so during the same time period. 

Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi onlywhen,

I would like to have a look at your connection. Send me your customer data (name, address, customer number, birthday) in a private message and let me know that you have transmitted the data.

VG Wallace

PM Sent, please see your mailbox 

Thank you for the help @Wallace 

pRo-Marco

Hi onlywhen,

I can see some timeouts, but not as often as you discribed. Does it happen only with WiFi or also with a wired connection?

Kind regards

Marco