abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

VPN - internet funktioniert nicht
ahmadb3
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

My VPN connection is not working through Vodafone Kabel internet.

I have a Kabelrouter at home. I tried to use VPN through a hotspot (mobile fone) and it is working fine. I can open websites.

But when I try to connect it through my Vodafone Kabel internet, the VPN is connected but there is no internet (I cannot open any websites). The IT department of my work has checked all the settings and they cannot find anything wrong in the VPN setting as it seems to work through hotspot but not at home.

My German is unfortunately not very good. I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Ahmad

Edit: @ahmadb3 moved to the right board.

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Ask you IT department when they'll support IPv6 connections.

IPv4 VPN connections might not work as you are using a shared IPv4 address together with other customers that might constantly be changing (this is called DualStack Lite).

Thank you for your reply.

I have asked them and they are saying that currently, they are not supporting IPv6 protocol.

Is there any other solution?

Marcus89
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi ahmadb3,

while you are connected to a hotspot, no VPN connection can be established. The cause is DSLite and the point-to-point tunneling protocol used, which prevents the connection establishment. Sorry, there is no other solution 😞

Kind regards

Marcus

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your quick reply.

But the issue is not with hotspot. With a hotspot the VPN connection is working fine and I can browse.

However, when I connect my laptop through Vodafone Kabel network (router: Technicolor TC7200K), VPN is connected but I cannot browse. I will otherwise attach screenshots later to illustrate it better.

Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello ahmadb3,

you want to use VPN with DS-Lite IPv4. That means, you cear the address with many other people and becaouse of this, you can't use it.

Why are your IT department don't want a IPv6 support? It's the future! 🙂

But if there's no other way, you can switch to a business contract.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!