abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

TAE junction/Dose is in wrong location in apartment - would like to relocate it
Britischer
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

For security reasons, and to achieve higher data transfer speeds on my home network, I would like my primary workstation to be connected to my router via ethernet. The problem is that my apartment is over 100qm, and the router is in the hallway, which is some way away from the computer.

I do not want to simply run a long ethernet cable from my computer to the router, because there is no way to hide the cable so it does not look messy. I also have a Plex Media Server and an Apple TV which are in the same area as my computer in the apartment and which I would also like to have wired connections, so having at least three devices with wired connections to the router is just not possible unless I drill several holes in my walls, which my Vermieter would not be happy about.

My question is, can Vodafone arrange for a technician to come and look at relocating the telephone/internet junction (TAE Dose) so it is closer to my workstation and TV? 

1 Antwort 1
DanyG
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi HelloMrJames,

when you want to set your TAE to another room, you need to clarify this with your landlord (Vermieter). If he agrees with your wish, he needs to ask either an electrician or the Telekom for a relocation of the TAE to another room.

Another possibility for you is to use a powerline solution for your apartment.

BR,

Dany

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!