abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Remote Access Issue over Fritzbox 6660 and WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra
p82LG_MK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to remotely access my Plex server.
If I understood correctly, by setting port forwarding in the router and enabling the remote access from the PLEX Server settings, I should be able to see my media (via the PLEX app) even if I’m away from home.

My current setup is WD MyCloudEX2 Ultra + Fritzbox 6660 Cable (Fritz!OS 07.28) + Vodafone ISP.

What I did is the following:

• Connected MyCloudEX2 to the Fritzbox (via ethernet) → NAS Console and services are fully accessible. Plex Server is installed as a NAS app;
  • Enabled remote access and set IPV6 support in the PLEX Server configuration;
  • Created an IPV4 + IPV6 32400 port forwarding in the Fritzbox to the same external port number;

When I try to remotely access the PLEX via MyFritz! domain → https://<my_domain_name>.myfritz.net:32400 I keep on getting “Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.”

IP4 Fritzbox settings → FRITZ!Box is using a DS Lite tunnel, AFTR gateway: …

Is there anything wrong I’m doing?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind Regards

5 Antworten 5
RobertP
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

If you want to access your Plex Server via IPv6 you have to use a DYN service on your NAS and not on the Fritzbox!

You can't access your Server with the MyFritz IPv6, you have to use the NAS IPv6 - there is no Portforwarding with IPv6.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

I'm not sure about your answer btw.

I don't aim to access PLEX Server via IPv6, I'd rather like to access the PLEX Server when I'm not at home and can't use my home network.

The questions are:

- Would a DynDNS solve this issue?

- Would there be any issue with the DS Lite on the Fritzbox then?

- How should I configure my WD NAS to be visibile?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind Regards

with DS Lite the only way to access your Plex Server from outside is via IPv6

you can do this over the IPv6 address of your NAS or you register for a dyn service to access with the registered domain name

Hi,

OK, this is clear.

What is still unclear to me is where to register the DynDNS, on the Fritzbox or in the NAS?

Let's assume I create a No-IP hostname, where shall I enter the connection details?

If I set them in the NAS, then I need do download and run the DUC on the NAS to update che IP; if I set them at router level, theoretically the router itselft should update the hostname IP, but that's unfortunately not my case.

Sorry for all these questions, but I tried many combinations out of luck so far.

If I enter my NAS IPv6 address + PLEX port, I can get there, but from my home network only.

If I understood correctly MyFritz! system provides me with a URL I should use to get to my services from the outside. But I get nowhere when I use that URL + PLEX port?

Where's my mistake?

Just to be clearer. I'd like to use the PLEX app on my Mobile/Smart TV to watch movies even from a different network. 

you want to access a service on your nas, therefore it makes no sense to register for dyn on fritzbox or use myfritz

if you use myfritz url you land on the fritzbox

if you want to land on the nas you need to register for dyn from there