Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Problem with Compal CH7466CE
wave911
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello!

I have a Wifi router Compal CH7466CE provided with Vodafone contract. For the last 1.5 months I am experiencing WiFi service degradation withing my apartments. For some reason network's range became too short, I can use wifi normally only within 3-4 meters from the device. I did not change the default settings on the device and already tried "Reset to default" solution and it didn't help. I couldn't find any transmission signal strength settings so I have no idea why the range is so short now. The previous year it worked fine though. Device reboots didn't help as well.

Can I request the device replacement?

Thank you!

14 Antworten 14
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Move to http://kabel.box category Router > Cable Modem > Connection and post that signal values.

Please find screenshot attached fro downstream.

Continue..

And the last one

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello wave911,

does the problem occur on both 2,4 GHz and 5GHz network? Did you try to switch to another WiFi channel to see if this helps?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

@wave911

Downstream is ok, Upstream not.

Please try to reset the compal.

1. Power Reset -> disconnect all cable from the device for 15 minutes and reconnect

2. Factory Reset

Dear Claudia,

I already tried both bands (and combinations like . - only 2.4, only 5 and 2.4 + 5 Ghz), setting channels explicitly and tried other available settings - unfortunately, it did not help at all.

Claudia

Hello wave911,

did the power reset or factory reset help?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Dear Claudia,

I did both of them, even disconnected network cable for ~6 mins and then connected again, did power cycle again - nothing helped.

Attached is my upstream signal strength - it's quite bad.