abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

PING Probleme
Broman
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

Apologies in advance for the German speaking community, but I have to write my problem in English. (Still an intermidiate German speaker).

Since the first day we (me and my girldfriend) recieved the 250 mb/s plan + the router, the internet and speed were fine, but I noticed an unstable ping. Specially during online gaming or even video calls.
I called customer service, and communicated surprisngly well with them (Only German, English is not welcomed) and was able to deliever my thoughts to them. This was already on the 02.10.2020 where they promised me within 24h the problem should be fixed.

Well, to my surprise, it wasn't. I called again, and the guy said they do not know how long it will take. Looking around at similar problems here in the community, appearently it could last for weeks if not months.
I did some research, and I can already detect from where this delay in latency is coming from, which needs to be adjusted from the ISP.
Find attached a simple ping test done by speedtest which shows the servers where I am recieving the high jumps.
This is a bit frustrating since we paid for a high quality, not so cheap plan.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Al Farra

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Ida
Moderator:in

Hi Broman

Can you can please give us the following information:

Which modem/router do you use? (e.g. Hitron)

Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device?

Which error occurs? (Speed too low; Packetloss) Also send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts/pingplotter measurements in case of Packetloss or ping problems

How is your device connected to the modem? (LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN)

Which browser do you normally use? (e.g. Firefox)

Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)

Beginning and period of the disturbance (e.g.: since the beginning of April; only in the evening)

Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find these in the user interface of your cable router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 for the Fritzbox.

What measures were taken by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)?

In which federal state do you live?

Best regards
Ida

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten 5
RobertP
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Hello,

a traceroute is not very usefull, you should use pingplotter for measuring ping times and packet loss instead.

regards Robert 

Hello
Yes, I agree with you, I will try a ping plotter, but it still doesnt change the fact that I am experiecning high pings 😕
Regards,

Ida

Hi Broman

Can you can please give us the following information:

Which modem/router do you use? (e.g. Hitron)

Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device?

Which error occurs? (Speed too low; Packetloss) Also send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts/pingplotter measurements in case of Packetloss or ping problems

How is your device connected to the modem? (LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN)

Which browser do you normally use? (e.g. Firefox)

Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)

Beginning and period of the disturbance (e.g.: since the beginning of April; only in the evening)

Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find these in the user interface of your cable router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 for the Fritzbox.

What measures were taken by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)?

In which federal state do you live?

Best regards
Ida

Broman
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Ida,

The hotline 0800-5266625 had finally called us back, and applied a certain new software and restarted the system.
We were experiencing a packet loss, which resulted in a delay and hence the bad ping. However, after talking with the ISP, they made some teewks and the ping is stable againe ! And as it seems, it is currently working smoothly without any problem.

Side note, I am linving in Heilbronn area 74076 postal code.

Thanks for replying to me though, I apprecaite the offered help !
Regards,

Luisa

Hello @Broman,

I am glad that it works again :D

I wish you a nice week,
Luisa