abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet randomly dropping multiple times a day
GabrielDuarteM
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I've seen a few posts written in English here, and, as I don't speak german, I hope you don't mind me writing in English here as well...

Disruption of cable internet services

• What contract do you have? 
    • Red Internet & Phone 100 Cable
  • Which modem / router do you use? (e.g. Hitron)
    • Vodafone Arris TG3442DE
  • Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device ?
    • I guess rental service? I just use the modem above, which is not mine and its provided by vodafone.
  • Which error occurs? (Speed ​​too low; packet loss) Send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts / ping plotter measurements for packet loss or ping problems
    • Randomly during the day, the internet drops for around 10 to 30 minutes. Sometimes this happens 5 times a day, sometimes more than 15, which is really annoying. This happens over both cable and wifi on all of the connected devices.
    • Also noticed that sometimes when the above happens, some of the settings on the modem gets reset... I have for example the language set to English (its german by default), I have a custom login password, I have it configured to display the expert mode and lastly, I have some Static DHCP configurations. All of those gets reset to the default values, and I have to reconfigure it. Some settings stay unchanged though, like the wifi name and password. At first, it looks like the router has some sort of problem, but I'm not sure.
    • I haven't seen it happen again, but before I had both problems above, I would get another similar problem, where I could only access google related sites. I've never seen this sort of problem before, and it's really weird to describe, but for example, if I tried to access amazon.de, github.com, speedtest.net, and etc, it would all give me a network error (don't remember exactly which one), but if I tried to access Gmail, youtube, google drive, and Google itself, it would all work no problem... This also happened through cable and wifi, and over all of the connected devices.
  • How is your terminal with the modem connected ? ( LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN )
    • All of the problems above happens on all of my connected devices, that being my computer, my laptop, my phone, my tv, etc... It happens over the ethernet cable and over wifi.
  • Which browser do you normally use? (e.g. Firefox)
    • Chrome and on mobile safari 
  • What operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)
    • Windows 10, mac, ios, LG webos, etc
  • Start and period of the disruption  (e.g. since the beginning of April; only in the evening)
    • The problems are happening since a long time already, probably since the start of the year, but recently (about a month or two) its getting more and more frequent.
  • Upload a screenshot of the signal values . You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 at the Fritzbox.
    • I didn't understand exactly which page I should screenshot, as there are no "signal values" page and I can't find anything similar on my router. So to avoid posting sensitive data, I'll only post the status of the router system:Annotation 2020-07-24 153048.png
  • What measures have been taken by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)?
    • They sent a technician to my place, which apparently did some things in the basement, where the Vodafone box is, but he went away without telling me what he did. That was yesterday, and on the end of the day, the problem happened again, so it didn't solve. Today it already happened again 6 times...
  • In which state do you live?
    • I live in Hamburg.
5 Antworten 5
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

I'd be happy to take a look at the connection 🙂 Do you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hey @Tobias!

Thank you for taking a look into this! I just sent you the details you asked about on a private message.

ERFD

Hello GabrielDuarteM,

the values at the modem are very bad. We must hire a technician to check this on site. Can you please ensure access to the house distribution system? Is there any current Covid-19 disease in your household?

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @ERFD ,

Thank you for taking a look into the case! By house distribution system, you mean the Vodafone box in the building basement? If so, then yes.

And about COVID, I have no cases of it in my household.

Best,

Gabriel.

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello GabrielDuarteM,

I've just completed the job and sent it to the tech guys. They will contact you to arrange a new appointment.

With the house distribution system, the Vodafone Box in the building basement is meant.

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!