abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Installation of my own Fritzbox 6490
Borism
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

i bought a fritzbox from someone on ebay. when i enter an activation code it gives me some kind of error. anyone know what is the reason for this?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser
That's an old rental box - it should have returned to Vodafone before and should not have sold to you. This box can definitely NOT be activated!

So return the box to the seller and get your money back.
If you want to have an own FritzBox 6490, you have to buy a retail box with the article number 2000 2778. All other 6490 boxes with different article numbers are rental devices that are bound to the contract they were given to. There is no way to activate those boxes at a different contract.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you please post the article number of your FritzBox?

If it is NOT 2000 2778, "your" box won't be activated as it is a rental device that had to be returned to the provider before.

mine is 2000 2691

reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser
That's an old rental box - it should have returned to Vodafone before and should not have sold to you. This box can definitely NOT be activated!

So return the box to the seller and get your money back.
If you want to have an own FritzBox 6490, you have to buy a retail box with the article number 2000 2778. All other 6490 boxes with different article numbers are rental devices that are bound to the contract they were given to. There is no way to activate those boxes at a different contract.