abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

HELP! I am having problems with my DSL connection and can't find an english speaking agent to help
Kjulli
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I am having issues with my Modem-Installationscode during the setup of my Fritz!Box 7590. When I submit the MIC, the action times out every time. I have an ethernet cable attached to my computer, the technician from Telecom has verified that I have connectivity, the DSL indicator in the modem shows that I am green and connected, but every time I try the MIC it times out. I have tried calling Vodafone several times but have never been able to reach an english speaking agent and on at least 3 occations the agents have hung up on me due to language issues. 

If anyone has an idea of how to get my internet up, please help me. I would be extremely grateful.

3 Antworten 3
david18hh
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

I normal case you should have received some kind of letter called: "Ihre wichtigsten Daten auf einem Blick". There you should find the MIC and some data how to setup the Fritzbox (or other router) manually. I you have issues to set it up manually, you can call customer service and tell them that you need a new MIC by SMS and you should receive one (perhaps something is wrong with yours).

Best regards

EX Mitarbeiter (fast 10 Jahre, haben nur 3 Monate zum goldenen Füller gefehlt!).

Hello David and thanks for the response. I have the letter and have also recived "new" MIC codes 3 times. The code itself is not the problem but the connectivity from the modem to the Vodafone systems (servers or otherwise). This feels like the MIC request from my modem is being firewalled by Vodafone (or Telekom). None of the agents I have reached, speak good enough english to understand what it is I am saying and in 3 weeks no one has been able to help.

david18hh
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

I have have a mobile phone, use it as hotspot, connect your notebook and go to:

Fritzbox 7590 Firmware Update

and follow the instructions (found it only in german).

After you have the new firmware try it again, otherwise you`ll need the data from VF for a manual installation.

Perhaps some of the mods here can help you with somebody speaking english @ Customer service.

EX Mitarbeiter (fast 10 Jahre, haben nur 3 Monate zum goldenen Füller gefehlt!).