abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable still at FRITZ!OS 07.13
Stayko
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello everybody,

I have FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable since (probably) February this year, which I took when changing my contract. It's one from Vodafone, I pay monthly tax for it, but it still stays at FRITZ!OS v. 07.13. Does anybody know under which cirmustances does Vodafone ship updates to the routers? I want to buy some Fritz Dect 500's, and they operate with FRITZ!OS > 07.20.

Many thanks in advance. I am also very thankful, for everybody that will cope with my English. I have German knowledge, but it's rather limited at this point.

Stayko

9 Antworten 9
seelo2010
SuperUser
SuperUser
The firmware 7.13 ist currently for the 6591 the maintainversion by VF.
Stayko
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

If this is the case, I find this very frustrating. Currently, FRITZ!Box 6591 is at FRITZ!OS 7.21 (since 03.09.2020), and not just one DECT product functions with a router with FRITZ!OS version bigger than 7.20.

This practically means, that I cannot buy myself FRITZ!DECT 500, nor FRITZ!DECT 440 (although I was planning to) because they will simply not function.

So, with simple words, I now pay monthly approx. 7 EUR for a router, which I cannot use at its full potential, not even mentioning the fact, that OS updates also include security fixes, so my security is also threatend.

Is that because FRITZ!OS 7.13 doesn't include the DVB-C support, and it's in interest of Vodafone not to provide that to its customers? If this is the case, it's just silly - my old 6490 supported DVB-C, and I paid less for it monthly (5 EUR).

I really hope someone from the Vodafone team could express an opinion about this issue.

Thanks!

DreiViertelFlo
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie
7.20 comes first year, February or march/april

@DreiViertelFlo  schrieb:
7.20 comes first year, February or march/april

how do you know?

Stayko
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

February / March / April for a version, older than the currently officially suported one? Even more silly...

Ermu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Buy a FritzBox 6660 from Saturn and your problems are solved. 

Stayko
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I know all the alternative ways to solve the issue. Nevertheless, this doesn't make the situation less awkward, because the router in question is rented, we all (that we have it from Vodafone) pay for it monthly, and therefore it's expected from the provider to deliver all the software updates in a timely manner. It is as simple as that.

Ermu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

The Homebox option  is 4.99€ and include the FB6591 for which you don't have to pay additional. you can cancel it any time, 4 weeks notice. 

Stayko
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Ermu,

Thank you for your answer. Once again, I would like to stress on the fact, that I am very well aware of all the alternatives, that I have. All of them, trust me. Therefore, I would like not to blur the focus of my question, which is not what my alternatives are, but why does not Vodafone provide the system updates to their rented Fritz Boxes on a timely manner.

And just for the record, the Homebox option for the FRITZ!Box 6591 may cost 4,99 EUR monthly now, but for me it is 6,99 EUR, because when I signed my contract, what costed 4,99 was FRITZ!Box 6490.

Nevertheless, I have no problems with paying bigger rent for the Fritz Box, as long as it's updates are provided on time. Everything else, as I mentioned not only once, is just silly.

Regards,

Stayko