abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[ENG] - Use my own router
mattia_24
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi! 
I think is a question posted many times but I'm not sure about my current setup so I have found any cases similar to mine.  
I just activated a DSL contract 16M/2M and today I got the connection from the T guy.
I joined Vodafone using their router. I received a Easybox805 but I'm interested to buy a router to have more setup available like DMZ and so on.
To evaluate which router should I buy I was wondering what kind of tecnology require Vodafone. (Not familiar with Germany Telcom infrastucture)

The connection made by the T guy is already strange to me. I have directly a RJ 45 port come to my apartment.

No TAE connector as in previous apartament. Can anyone clarify this to me? What kind of HW do I need?

Thanks  

2 Antworten 2
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey mattia_24,

the standard is a normal TAE telephone socket.

If you have a direct rj 45 lan cable instead, the landlord or previous tenant has modified the connection in some kind.
It may also be just a Tae-> rj45 adapter sitting directly on the telephone connection socket.

Could you post a screenshot from the easy.box dsl status?

16/2 Mbit/s are either ADSL2+ or VDSL.
If you pick a VDSL Modem/Router of your choice , you are on the safe side.

Cheers,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

@Andre  schrieb:

16/2 Mbit/s are either ADSL2+ or VDSL.
If you pick a VDSL Modem/Router of your choice , you are on the safe side.

for future upgrades of your line I would suggest a modem which supports VDSL2 G.vector profile 35b like the Vigor 166  (make sure your connection is already VDSL, otherwise the Vigor 167 would fit - the 166 modell has not ADSL support)