abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cable modem reboots constantly
JeanKrebs77
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

My cable modem, which is working in bridge mode with IPv4 address, keeps rebooting itself constantly, never taking an IP address and stabilizing. I'm completely out of internet service.

The cable modem is the CBN CH7466CE.
The router is a Linksys EA9500

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jean

Edit: Verschoben aus "Über Gott und die Welt" @JeanKrebs77

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

You need a technician to fix your line immediately.

Your upstream has not enough attenuation and due to this, your upstream signal strength is much too high (115 dBµV is too much, usually it should be around 104 dBµV). Due to this, your modem only connects using one upstream channel (not to interfere with too many other users) instead of 4 - and it keeps rebooting because it hopes that this changes...

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Could you please have a look at the modem information page and post the frequencies and signal strength values?

You should reach the modem using the following link: http://192.168.100.1

Here they go...

You need a technician to fix your line immediately.

Your upstream has not enough attenuation and due to this, your upstream signal strength is much too high (115 dBµV is too much, usually it should be around 104 dBµV). Due to this, your modem only connects using one upstream channel (not to interfere with too many other users) instead of 4 - and it keeps rebooting because it hopes that this changes...

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello, JeanKrebs77,

Have you already hired a technician via the hotline? Otherwise we can instruct the technician. Therefore we need your customer number, your address and your date of birth by private message.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Fred, 

Thanks for the contact. 

A technician came this morning. He turned a dial in a box in the building's Keller, where the distribution of the cables is.

I have service now, but I think the signal strenght hasn't changed much. I'm attaching new screenshots.

Regards, 

Jean

Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 19.46.02.pngScreenshot 2019-01-14 at 19.46.09.pngScreenshot 2019-01-14 at 19.46.16.png

ERFD

Hello, JeanKrebs77,

I like to take a closer look at the signals. Not everything fits. Among other things 3 Upstreams are missing. I need from you your customer number, your address and your date of birth for the legitimation by private message.

Best regards Fred

Ok, just sent it.

When the technician came, I asked him about the upstrams and he told me that the normal was only one or two channels max, and that the signals were all normal.

Thanks for the help.

Jean

ERFD

Hello, JeanKrebs77,

normally all 4 upstreams are available. Any other condition is not acceptable.

I have ordered the technician. The colleague will contact you to make an appointment. The same problem exists with the neighbours in the house. In the street it is all right.

Best regards Fred

Hi Fred,

So, the technician came in this morning, same guy as before. He is still insisting that one or 2 upstreams are fine.

He keeps telling me that I should connect the modem in my bedroom, which I believe is the first stop inside the apartment, or to change the entire coaxial cabling, even though this is a newly built house. I, however, prefer to install it in the basement, where it is right now.

He then said that he believes the amplifier box in the building's tech room may have a problem, but he cannot change it and told me he would put a request for that.

So, that's that for now. 

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Jean