abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

GigaCube keeps disconnecting from the Internet and has poor network strength
Turzo
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I made a GigaCube contract in January 2019. When we were forced to start home office due to Covid-19, my data volume became insufficient. I was hoping to upgrade my package, but not the contract duration. However, I discovered that I have been assigned a new 2-year contract with the higher data volume, despite me having already completed 14 months of my contract. I felt exploited and taken advantage of, but I was willing to suck it up.

However, the service of GigaCube was never impressive. And in the last 6 months, I am facing continuous issues that forced me to write here.

1. I never get more than two bars of network strength in my area (10315)

2. The GigaCube wifi router doesn't cover even an average sized apartment of 75m2.

3. The most serious one: the wifi disconnects from the Internet so frequently! I use only three devices and after a while, the wifi icon shows an exclamation sign, indicating that there is no Internet.

For the hefty amount you are charging me, I expected much, much better service from you. And after several months it's safe to say that the issues are not glitches. I regularly need to restart my router in order to get connected to the Internet. Does that kind of service in any way justify 45 euros per month ??

I was hoping to get a DSL contract, as the operator remains the same. But I've been told that it not possible!

Please, help me out. Either fix this constant nuisance, or let me get a DSL contract, or terminate my contract so I can get a proper Internet service from somewhere else !!

9 Antworten 9
TinaG
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Turzo,

i've checked your address and see that maintenance work will be carried out there until October 7th, 2020.

Please restart the GigaCube this evening after 6 p.m. and test it.

But it cal also be a fault in the device, because the WiFi keeps dropping out, and if it doesn't get better tomorrow, we could also replace the router.

Best regards

TinaG

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Turzo
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I have restarted the GigaCube and used almost 48 hours. Nothing has changed. I don't notice any improvement on connection quality, and my devices keep showing "Wifi with no Internet" icon.

St3ffi

Hello Turzo,

Does the connection to the WLAN always drop out, or does the signal LED stay red so that there is no network at all?

Do you otherwise have the opportunity to test the SIM card from the Gigacube in a cell phone? Please change the APN under the settings to home.vodafone.de and try to establish a connection. Does this work?

Thanks for the quick info.

Many greetings St3ffi

Turzo
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

The connection to WLAN drops out. The signal LED rarely goes red, but I have seen it showing yellow on multiple occasions.

I have tested the SIM card in cell phone. It works fine, however the signal strength remains two bars maximum, as mentioned already in my first message.

Also mentioned in the first message: the WLAN signal gets severely weakened even if I move few meters away from the Gigacube. This is also quite frustrating; regular routers usually have decent WLAN range to support a household.

Leee

Hello Turzo,

since the WLAN connection does not break off via a mobile phone,

I can only recommend replacing the Giga Cube.

regards

Leee

Turzo
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

And how do I do that? Do you send me the replacement at my address?

St3ffi

Hello Turzo,

Please send us your phone number and password via PN first. Then we can get everything else in motion.

Thank you, greetings St3ffi

Turzo
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

So, I just received an email regarding 1:1 exchange of my GigaCube router, and it mentions a Reparatur-Pauschale of 77,01 euro if the device is damaged or its warranty has expired.

I've taken very good care of the router, so I'm sure there is no damage. But I don't know if the device's warranty has expired - I got this in January 2019.

Why do I have to pay 77 euros if my device malfuntions despite taking excellent care? Why not terminate my contract instead whenYOUR network strength is weak and YOUR device is at fault??

St3ffi

Hello Turzo,

if the device is faulty, you don't have to pay 77 euros, so it will be exchanged. And if you've handled it carefully, everything is fine.

You have a two-year guarantee, so the exchange is now initiated.

Greetings Steffi