abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

GigaCube 5g has been loosing connection every day
Maksim
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I have a GigaCube 5G device since July this year. It worked fine the first week but then it started loosing connection to the Internet every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Only restarting the device helps. It takes too long. This has been causing me troubles because I am working from home and require a stable Internet to run my meetings.

I didn't use the device for some time as I switched to mobile tethering. Actually thought it was overheating cause we had very warm Summer in Berlin. However, I checked over this weekend hoping it would not happen again but the problem is still there. 

After researching this forum, I see I am not the only one suffering from this. And there hasn't been any solution. Here I just want to ask how can I return the device and terminate the contract, what are the necessary steps? The GigaCube was ordered online, will I be able to return it to the outlet where I picked it up? I would really appreciate if I can get help on this.

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can cancel the contract to the end of the minimum term of 24 months...

There's no immediate cancellation possible.

And due to the fact that the GigaCube uses the mobile network, there is no guarantee that the network connection will be stable and/or have a constant minimum bandwidth all the time. In case you need a stable bandwidth, you should opt for a landline instead.

I understand your answer. BUT the problem is not with the mobile network, it is rather an issue with the DEVICE! If the device worked as it should, I wouldn't have any problems. I am ok with Vodafone trying to replace the device to see if it persists. I'd be happy if it got resolved after that. Though I don't have any confidence it will happen. Again, I'm not the first one to have this issue. From what I saw in the Internet - there are many people with the same issue, one person even suggested the issue is related to firmware. If this is so, it might be a reason for a cancellation by exception.

I am trying to understand what should be my steps to start the troubleshooting process and eventually, if nothing works, to just cancel the contract or switch to the landline service. I.e. should I go to the store from where I picked up my online order for GigaCube, or should I call the hotline, or should I get any help here.

I can add here all the links for discussions of the same issue on this forum, if needed. But searching for 'gigacube disconnects' here shows all the results right away. 

N1cole
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Maksim,

if the GigaCube does not work, we can change it.

Please use our alternative channels  

In addition, we can also check the network.

I need your street (without house number) and the place of residence.

Greetings N1cole

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thanks @N1cole !

This was an answer I hoped for.

I'm on Beusselstr. in Berlin

N1cole

Hi Maksim,

in this area there is currently maintenance work, planned until 23rd, in this time there may be restrictions.

Please be patient.

Greetings N1cole

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!