Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Easybox804 Update Problem (English)
Darshon
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello

As of recently, there has been an update for the Easybox804, enabling features like IPv6 and other useful things. However, ever since this update, It is almost impossible to play online video games or use applications like Discord (for example, Voice Chat) because of constistent lag/ping spikes. 

I know for a fact that it is the new update. About 3 days after my router was automatically updated, I decided to install an older update to the Easybox to see if it were the issue. When I finally loaded up the previous update, 3.4 (I believe), it worked fine. Everything ran the same way it used to and I had no problems.

I still have access to the internet with the most recent update, but it's just inconsistent when I play online video games. I wouldn't be writing this, either, if my router wouldn't Automatically update after I set it back to 3.4. Including the fact that I can not disable Automatic Updating, either. 

As I see it right now, I either need a different Modem/Router box or to somehow disable the automatic updates going to my Easybox.

Whatever information you need for me, I can give to you. But preferably by E-mail.

Thanks,

Darshon

7 Antworten 7
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Darshon,

welcome to the Vodafone Community!

This is not a known issue.

Do you experience this by using WIFI or also by using a connection via LAN cable?

Do you see any outages in the Log of your EasyBox?

Could you please do some speedchecks and post the results here?

http://www.speedcheck.vodafone.de

- Connect your computer via lan cable directly to the modem

- no parallel downloads or streams

Thanks.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Jens,

Thanks for responding

There seem to be no outages and it only seems to happen when I am connected via WiFi. I have both tests directly connected to the router/modem and via WiFi and their respective tickets.

With Cable: U X Z F G

WiFi: R Z 5 M T

It's pretty clear why I'm experiencing such an inconsistent connection
when I play from the constant drops in connectivity.

Thank you again for looking into the problem

Darshon

Jens-K

Hi Darshon,

it is normal that there are differences between using WIFI and a LAN cable.

WIFI issues can be caused by many factors like the walls of your home, the WIFI networks of your neighbours or electronic devices near your modem.

Here you find some tips for optimizing your WIFI 

If the WIFI of the free EasyBox isn't enough for you, you can upgrade to a FritzBox from us or use any other compatible modem.

Also a WIFI repeater might help.

Regards,

Jens

Darshon
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Again

I'm completely aware that there is a difference between WiFi and Ethernet cables. 

My point behind all of this is that this was never a problem until the newest update to the device and I don't want to have to pay extra for something that has such a simple fix. Is it even possible to disable automatic updates from your side? Because, like I said, there is no way for me to disable it on the modem here.

Thanks,

Darshon

charms2001
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Same problem here - ever since the latest Firmware (i.e. 4.03) got (auto-)installed, the Internet connection is essentially unusable for anything beyond "casual" surfing. Prior to the update everything worked rather smooth with an available bandwidth ~50 MBit. Currently, we get ~25 MBit if we are lucky - and that will last 1 or 2 minutes before the router freaks out, drops TCP/UDP connections. The (V)DSL connection itself appears to be quite stable, but IP traffic has significant issues.

It's kind of good to see that others have similar (or in your case _the same_) problems as it strengthens the case that there is something awfully wrong with that Firmware update... And your "experiment" with the previous version only confirms that.

I think Vodafone should withdraw Version 4.03 until the problems are sorted out...

To be honest, I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't have to already wait 8 days to get a response or confirmation from him, but I guess that's what we get for writing in English in a German forum. 

Or should I say, living in Germany and only speaking a little bit of German. 

Jens-K

Hi Darshon,

this is a customers-helping-customers forum in the first place.

I answered your questions before.

If the WIFI of the free modem is not enough you can use any other modem.

If there is a general problem with your connection besides the WIFI, you can call us to open a technical ticket.

Regards,

Jens