abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Unable to activate CallYa sim card with WebId
sumitsabhnani
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, I am an Indian passport holder, i bought the CallYa sim card for 9.99 euros from local super market but I am not able to get it activated. When I call the WebId for online activation they say that they don't accept Indian passports, I even tried to directly go to multiple vodafone stores but they also refused to activate it and said that as i have not bought sim from that store they cant activate it and one of the guy from store even said that if I pay him 20 euros he will activate it. Please let me know to get this sim activated. I tried calling vodafone support but its all in German and I am not able to understand what options to choose.

17 Antworten 17
BiancaW
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello @sumitsabhnani,

if you have an Indian passport available, you can activate the CallYa card via the WebID via the following link. https://www.vodafone.de/komfortaufladung/idreg_callya/index.do. This works only with these browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

I am happy to also find a direct Vodafone shop in your area.

This leads the activation by free of charge. For this I need your address.

Best regards BiancaW

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hi, Thank you for your reply.. I tried to do activation by WebID multiple times but they say they don't have any option for Indian passport. It will be great if you can find some store near my place, my address is xxxxx, xxxxx.

Regards,

Sumit

@sumitsabhnani  please do not post any personal data in our public community! 

sumitsabhnani
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
can you pleass tell me stores near Kreillerstr., Trudering or Hauptbanhof.. (i already went to two shops near Hauptbanhof where they refused to do that one was on Sonnenstr. and other near Karlsplatz circle)

Hello @sumitsabhnani ; you can go to the VF-Shop near to the Main-Station, it´s called "Stachus-Passagen" in the Sendlinger Street No. 50.

Regards, Holger

Hi,

I went to the shop in Sendlinger Street No. 50, but the woman there refused to activate the sim, she asked me to go to Marienplatz instead. I asked what if I buy a new sim from your shop will you be able to activate that, she said yes but we charge 55 Euros for activation. Is this normal?

Regards,

Sumit

NeNa

Hello @sumitsabhnani,

Unfortunately, it is the case that every dealer is allowed to set his own service prices.

You decide if you want to pay them or visit another shop.

Please excuse me for not being able to give you another answer.

Best regards

NeNa

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

I just don't think this is reasonable. This standard should be in Vodafone's control and I don't think the individual shop should ask that much amount when it is available for free online. I visited almost 4 different shops, called WebId multiple times and yet I'm not able to get my sim activated, it is highly disappointing and frustrating for me that these shops are making such a simple thing so complicated. I don't think i can even imagine how old school this sounds that i can't activate my sim card in 21st century. I think Vodafone should do something about it as it might be already affecting the customer base. 

In my opinion SIM activation should always be free (or atleast have a minimal charge, shop owners should not go asking whatever number come to there mind), as the customer will be using more services once his SIM card is activated then before it is activated.

NeNa

Hi @sumitsabhnani,

I'm all on your side.

We always take the suggestions of our customers very seriously, thank you for your hints.

Unfortunately there are no other possibilities for the legitimation with an Indian passport. I'm sorry that I can't help you.

Best regards NeNa

Thriftweed
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @sumitsabhnani, were you able to activate the SIM in the end? I am also not able to activate a SIM card. I bought the SIM from REWE. The WebIdent does not work - I am able to select India in the English version of the form, but get an error "Es sind Fehler aufgetreten!". I went to 2 different stores and they told me that they only activate SIM cards bought from their store.